Chapter 6 - The Witch of Calamity

Start from the beginning

Phantom: "I can get the idea."

Mim then arrived with a new glass for Kiara.

Mim: "Here you go Ms. Kiara. Enjoy~"

Mim then walked off as she had to attend to others. Kiara then was about to chug down as Phantom decided to stop her, grabbing her arm before she could in the first place.

Phantom: "I don't think you should drink right now. You need to rest for tomorrow."

Kiara: "Oh come on..~ Just one more~"

Phantom: "No can do. I won't be available tomorrow and I need you to be at the ready. You don't want to give yourself a bad image right?"

Kiara was being uncooperative, however Phantom managed to get her to stop after a few minutes as Kiara passed out on her table, making Phantom sigh as she grabbed Kiara's glass. She looked around, seeing that everyone was slowly beginning to leave as she sighed, chugging the rest of the alcohol down as she slammed it on the table.

Phantom: "Damn it... Can't believe I had to go through with this kind of crap..."

She then turned to Taka who was busy cleaning some of the plates by the bar counter.

Phantom: "Hey Taka, what do I do with her?"

Taka: "You can take her to her room. She'll just sleep in here and drool all over the table again if she doesn't end up in her room."

Phantom nodded as she then began to carry Kiara around her shoulder to Kiara's room. Once she was done, she quickly made her way to the bathroom, only to transform back into Kieran as when he left the bathroom, he sighed as he rubbed his eyes a bit.

Kieran: "Things are just getting more complicated every time huh...?"

He then made his way to the first floor to sit by the counter to talk to Taka since most of the place was cleaned up shortly afterwards, much to Kieran's surprise, tonight wasn't as messy as usual.

Taka: "So Kieran, how have things been?"

Kieran: "The usual. Kiara believes that I don't need to be trained anymore. Though I will say, I've learnt two new things today."

Taka: "That being?"

Kieran: "Well for starters, I've learnt better on how my System works."

Taka: "Do tell."

Taka was still cleaning things behind his counter as he was listening in, not really making eye contact as he was focused on his task.

Kieran: "My System mainly works off of what it would call Feats. Feats are achievable through experience and hard work, at least that much I can gather. However Feats can improve my stats to various degrees, while also unlocking new sets of Skills I can unlock at any point through my Adventurer's Card. Though the problem is that the Skills are so expensive that I might as well come up with new Skills on the fly."

Taka: "I see. Well then, even though they might be quite expensive, wouldn't it be worth it then?"

Kieran: "Well from what I could read, yes. It would definitely be worth it."

Taka: "That's good then. And what was the second thing you've learnt today?"

Kieran: "I didn't know that Kiara was brought here through reincarnation. So she too was summoned by a Goddess?"

Taka: "Her alongside four others, yes."

Kieran: "Who were they exactly?"

Taka: "Well this may be hard to believe but, they were simply great friends who stuck through thick and thin with each other. However they did have their differences and eventually split up as they considered it better that way. Kiara seemed to have taken it really hard, so she came all the way here and decided to live a new life as an Adventurer."