chapter 4: encounter with shiny head

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I think it was around a month or two before the heroine was enrolled? Not sure but if the kidnapped of Aspen happened two months before the heroine's story begins that means it's around this time.

Apparently, it took almost a month to save him again and his personality changed drastically. The reason it took so long was because no one had acted when he first disappeared, the school thought the rebellious noble was skipping school again.

They only called to inform the parents and ask about his disappearance about two days later, and to which they found out that the parents also had no clue as they thought he was staying with his friend. A few back and forth later, they finally realized he was missing.

A little note, that back and forth took about a day so it wasn't until three day after he disappeared that they finally sent out a search party. That didn't work very well so they had their students help in finding the boy. The powerful elemental useful temporary joined the official search party while the weaker students go around the town asking people.

So much for being a prestigious school.

After this incident, the school became extremely strict about attendances.

Although Reginald couldn't care less whether he got kidnapped or not but having to join the party in searching for him will be a pain in the butt.

The search is not a voluntary one but an order.

But still he won't betray his firm resolved to hurry to the gate.

Reginald lied. He couldn't help it, his conscience was giving him a hard time. If he's going to get kidnapped, shouldn't he NOT be by himself in the middle of nowhere? Although the security is quite good but the future incident clearly proved that it's bull crap, but even so leaving a kid by himself in the suspicion dark alley is never a good idea.

And so, Reginald approached shinny head with an awkward face. Aspen was totally unaware of Reginald's presence as he approached besides him, since he was too busy expressing his sorrow.

Reginald had no choice but to make his presence known.

"What are you doing in this place?"

"...Eeek!"

Aspen bolted upright and took several step back. Reginald was dumbfounded, he didn't intend to scare him but still what with this reaction?

"Y-young master Reginald!" Aspen screamed out of shock and nd quickly narrowed his eyes to show his wariness.

"Yes." Reginald replied, his expression returning to normal, as well as his gloomy air.

Ah! Is he thinking of dealing with me here?! I knew he was planning on getting rid of me when he followed me this morning! How stupid can I be to voluntarily coming to a desolated place like the back of the third year building?!

Aspen is crying even more than before now, Reginald was so startled he could only blankly stares at the scene.

Meanwhile, Aspen was already voicing out his will internally. Mother, father, forgive this foolish child of yours. All I ever wanted was to have my freedom, and my dearest friend accompanying me while I explored such unknown freedom. You made me feel so suffocate in there, I didn't mean any of the words I said to you, I know you only mean good for me but you have to understand, my friend is very important to...-