DeadApple Special

Start from the beginning

You grab your bag, digging through it until you find Dave and flick it open before leaving the room. You run to Aku's room, throwing the door open.

"Aku, something's wrong. I can't find Gin or Shiro." You say and your eyes widen as you realise Aku's guardian was also missing.

"[Y/n]?" He grumbles as he wakes up, somehow sounding grumpier then usual. "Are you okay?"

You tug at his arms and as he sits up you run to the window, throwing the curtain open and revealing a thick layer of fog over the city. Akutagawa seems to wake up a little more after that. He jumps out of his bed and moves to his closest, throwing a file on his bed as he does so.

"Go get dressed, it doesn't seem safe to stay here. Read that while you're doing so." He says as he pulls out his usual outfit. You nod, following his instructions and changing into your outfit, slinging your bag over your shoulder before moving back into the lounge.

"Okay lets g-" He gets cut off by his guardian smashing through the window and tackling him.

"AKU!" You yell, throat hurting from the volume. He rolls out from underneath his guardian and gets to his feet, sprinting to you and grabbing your hand, pulling you to the window. You were glad he didn't live too high in the apartment complex as he jumps out the window, pulling you on top of him as he crashes into the bushes below.

You groan, feeling small scratches forming on your skin. You quickly move off Aku and look him over but he doesn't seem to be too badly injured as he was already getting up and grabbing your hand again, pulling you down the street.

"Is that what you see when you look at me and Gin?" Akutagawa asks as he pulls you through the streets. You nod silently, focusing on your breath as you run.

"What is the fog?" You ask and he explains about the ability as you run, struggling to keep up with him as he pulls you along. You look down a side street before coming to an abrupt stop, almost tripping over as Akutagawa continues his motion forward. He turns back to you. "Are you okay?"

You keep your head turned to the side street with a frown. "Shinobu?" You ask out loud, voice sounding normal in the quiet streets. A few seconds later the familiar shape of Shinobu steps out of the alley.

"[Y/n] that's not him." Aku whispers and you nod.

"I know," You mutter, but find yourself unable to move as your guardian turns to you. Shiro looked the same if not for the large red gem in his cheek. He floats towards you slowly for a second before gaining speed.

"We need to go!" Aku rushes, pulling you in the other direction of your guardian and you stumble trying to keep your head on him as he gains speed.

"Shiro." You mutter as you're pulled around a corner only to come face to face with Akutagawa's guardian. You back against him as Shinobu rounds the other corner, effectively sandwiching you between two dangers.

"I'm going to run through it." Aku mutters to you, letting go of your hand so you grip Dave tighter. He gives a nod and turns to his guardian, taking a breath and sprinting towards it, tackling it to the ground. You run after him, running past the two and waiting a few steps away.