𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐨

Start from the beginning

I thought about the interaction the whole time I was in the shower. Every little detail. Our jokes, him closing the space between us. His hand on my waist. Again. And I just, backed up?

There was a knock on the door as I turned off the water causing me to quickly wrap a towel around myself before slightly opening it. JJ stood on the other side, looking at the ground. I guess to avoid looking at anything else. "I was just wondering if it was okay if I made waffles while I waited to shower?" His eyes never left the floor. 

"Of course." He walked away as I closed the door, leaning my head on the back of it as I let out a huff before quickly getting dressed and leaving the bathroom open for him to use. 

I avoided the kitchen as I heard the toaster pop and went straight into my room to put my clothes in the hamper. He came back in a few seconds after me with a plate full of waffles, enough for the both of us. He placed the plate down on the bed next to me as I brushed out my hair. When I didn't reach for one first, he grabbed one and carefully dipped it in the syrup before devouring it. "Do you have anything I could wear?" He asked so innocently, still not looking at me as his eyes stayed fixed on the plate in front of us. 

"Yeah." I moved to go to the bottom dresser drawer that had become a catch-all for every piece of clothing that had been left at my house over the years. As I rummaged, I noticed the black Kildare Surf Co. shirt I had stolen from JJ before I left for Charleston. "Here." I handed him the shorts and shirt with an unopened pack of men's underwear. It wasn't my place to pick out which pair he wanted to wear. 

He raised a brow at the pack, "You and John B basically lived here two summers ago. I guess my dad wanted to make sure you guys had clean underwear." I explained earning a small laugh from him. I waited for him to leave the room before grabbing one of the waffles that was left on the plate. As I finished it, I could feel the tiredness settling in making me move the plate to the desk next to my bed and getting comfy under the clean blankets. 

A few minutes later, JJ was coming back into the room with a towel in his hand, removing the excess water before dropping the towel on the floor next to the door. I peeked over the blanket as I laid on my side facing the door. He had neglected to put the t-shirt on, leaving his torso exposed which only made me stare harder. It was embarrassing, but even more so when he finally looked at me and caught me staring. 

"Do you have an extra blanket?" He laid the shirt over the back of the desk chair. I moved the blanket away from my face so he could hear me. 

"Share with me." I lifted the blanket as he cracked a smile and climbed in next to me. Maybe this would make up for backing away from him earlier. 

JJ moved around until he was comfortable, ultimately ending up on his back with his left arm under his head while his right arm made a barrier between the both of us as I laid on my left side facing him. I continued to sneak glances at him as the sunlight tried to peek through the blinds. 

He let out a huff before I felt his arm move under me and suddenly, my head was on his chest and I could feel him nuzzling into the top of it. "Is this okay?" He whispered as he took a deep breath in. 

I nodded, not wanting to say anything to ruin the moment like I had done so many times before. I let out a breath I hadn't realized had been held in and finally relaxed under his touch. He kind of smelled like me. I looked up to him, "Did you use my soap?" He chuckled as the hand that was under his head moved to playfully cover my face. 

"I like your fruity shampoo." I moved around his hand and up to his head. Sure enough, he smelled just like the fruity shampoo that he liked so much. 

"Yeah, I bet." 

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

We fell asleep entangled in each other and woke up a few hours the same way. His legs had made their way between mine while he held me tightly into him. He was a hotbox. I probably only woke up because he was making me hot. It was an extreme sport trying to untangle myself without waking him up too. When I was finally up, I looked at him again. His mouth was open just a little bit and there was a little drool stain on the pillow next to him. Seeing him drool made me giggle a little.