𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐩

When I woke up the next morning, my phone had been blowing up. Mostly Pope asking me where I was but I didn't know I needed to be anywhere. Last I talked to anybody everyone was apparently on lockdown.

"Miles, wake up." I shook his shoulder as I reached over the side of the bed. He shot up quickly and inhaled dramatically. "Were you dead?"

He rubbed his eyes as he shook his head, "No, I just think I woke up directly from REM sleep." I giggled at him, "What time is it?"

"Almost 10:30. I'm apparently needed at John B's so we gotta go." he got up and went to what I'm assuming was the bathroom before coming back all bright eyed with a bit of water on his face.

"I think that weed is too much."

"Weed cannot be too much." I argued back as I got up from my bed to find clothes for the day. "I just think you're a bit of a lightweight."

He scoffed, "Yeah, I bet."

Once I had my clothes together I went to the bathroom to change and get myself together. My hair was a bit frizzy from sitting outside last night so I decided to brush it and put it in a little low bun before going back to my room. Miles had cleaned his bed mess up and was sitting in my bed when I walked back in.

"Plans for today?"

He open his eyes as he spoke, "Drive home. I've been here since Thursday and it's mom's birthday. Gotta be back for that."

"Geez. Thats gonna be a drive."

"I'll be okay." he opened his eyes and checked his phone, "Don't you have to get to John B's?" I nodded and ushered him out of my room.

"I'll be back later!" I called out as we walked out of the back door. I looked around for Miles' car but it wasn't anywhere to be found. "Uh, where's your car?"

"Liam dropped me off."

"Do you need me to take you back over there?" he gave me a cheeky grin, "I guess that's a yes?"

"Pretty please."

"We gotta stop by JB's before we go." He nodded and got in the passenger's seat. I drove the short ride down the street and found them all circled around by the surf shack. Well, everyone minus John B. "Hey." I said as I walked up to them. They all looked in my direction with a questioning look. "What did I miss?"

I avoided looking at JJ as I stood next to Pope. I know that I need to talk to him but I couldn't right now. "The cross is coming to Wilmington by train. Sarah got the cargo number." Pope explained as I looked over my shoulder to Miles who was sitting patiently in my car.

"Oh cool. Look, I'll be back in like 15 minutes and we can talk about it then?" I knew I was being short but I really just wanted to take Miles back to Liam's so I could be involved in whatever was going down.

Sarah met my gaze before looking behind me to my car, "Yeah. We'll be here."

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

The drive ended up taking me 20 minutes and I hoped that when I got back they'd all still be there. "I'm so sorry."

"Everything taken care of? You present now?"
JJ asked with a little attitude when I rejoined them. I didn't even acknowledge his comment as all my attention focused on Pope and Sarah.

Sarah started, "So I heard Rafe on the phone talking about this being 'his thing', so obviously be was talking about the cross. I ended up getting the cargo number."

"We wanted to wait for John B but the window of interception is getting smaller. Do you know where he went?" Pope asked me. How was I supposed to know? JJ was the one who stayed here last night.