13. 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗅𝖾𝖾𝗉𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋

Yashoda's house had seen many things, Krishn's mischiefs, Balram's anger, their various pranks, and her love for them both but this particular sight was a new one. It was six in the evening and Radha sat in one corner of the couch, wallowing in guilt after eating all the kheer, which unbeknownst to her, Krishn had prepared only for her, while he sat on the other side, flipping through television channels.

Despite knowing what she had done was wrong, especially considering how she had treated him, Radha couldn't bring herself to swallow her pride and apologise for their fight. She wasn't angry anymore, just exhausted. Before she could say anything to him, her phone rang; it was her mother. She stepped outside the living room to answer the call..

Krishn looked at her when she returned, wearing an annoyed expression, and smiled knowingly. "I'll get the guest room ready for you."

Surprised, Radha widened her eyes. "How did you know?"

"It's quite obvious," Krishn replied, "It's already late, and our parents aren't back yet, so they must've called to say they're spending the night or the whole weekend away. Your annoyed expression told me that they asked for us to stay together here."

Radha smirked. "Well, then, Sherlock, you don't need to prepare the guest room for me; I'll be leaving right now."

Krishn frowned, knowing full well that she did not want to be alone but wouldn't say so because of her pride. He smirked, knowing exactly how he'll get her stay.

"Radha, it'll be an empty house; are you sure you can sleep there...alone?"

Suddenly, all of the horror films she had ever seen flashed before her eyes, and she regretted having ever seen them.

"I'll stay here," she grumbled.

In spite of his surprise that she agreed without a fight, Krishn smiled triumphantly.

The guest room was quickly prepared for her, and Radha once again buried herself in her book on the couch, for it wasn't time to sleep yet, and despite feeling exceedingly drowsy, she refused to fall asleep.

"Radhe," Krishn said softly, his voice so sweet and musical that Radha almost closed her eyes in bliss, "you should go get some rest now."

Radha obliged and went to the guest room, murmuring a little 'good night' on her way. She didn't have the energy to oppose his hypnotic voice. She lay on the bed an hour later, at 11 p.m., having trouble falling asleep in a strange room. She tossed and turned, unable to find a comfortable position. By now, she had counted sheeps and practiced meditation, anything that might get her exhausted body to sleep but nothing worked.

She was about to give up and reopen her book when she heard a sweet melodious tune. Her heartbeat quickened at the familiar yet unfamiliar melody, and she couldn't help but close her eyes in an effort to properly listen with her ears. Her mind told her to get up and go find the flute player, but her heart seemed to have surrendered to the music. She felt a deep sense of peace wash over her as she continued to listen. She felt as if she were in a trance, and she couldn't bring herself to move so she stayed in place, completely captivated by the music. A deep slumber followed soon after she had given up on rational thought.

Krishn opened his eyes, lowering his flute from his lips and smiled watching his Radha peacefully give into sleep from his room.

"Sleep well, my love"

***

Radha awakened with a subconscious smile on her face, sitting up in a haze when she heard the same melody that had sent her to sleep the night before. When her mind told her to find the flute player, she obeyed, her feet naturally heading towards the source of the music. She felt as if she was floating.

She emerged from her room, her eyes anxious as they urgently looked for him, the one she couldn't remember. She climbed the steps, her feet leading her to the balcony. The sight before her made her hold her breath. His back was turned towards her but she could clearly see the sun shining on his flowing curly locks, illuminating his form. He sat on the swing which swayed slightly, his legs were locked as he seemed to flow with the music itself.

Radha moved to stand in front of him, her gaze fixed on his closed eyes as he surrendered to the music, his eyebrows furrowed in delightful concentration. She watched his pink lips lightly blow air into the flute as he played the last note.

His eyes fluttered open, a serene smile on his face. He laughed as she came out of her trance and seemed to piece something together.

"It was you? The one I heard last night and that night on my birthday?" she exhaled.

"Hmm, was it? I'm not sure I remember," Krishn teased

"It was, wasn't it!" Radha pointed at him accusingly, "I thought I was going crazy!"

He threw his head back and laughed and for a second Radha stood frozen as she looked at him, his face would put the most beautiful flowers to shame, she immediately shook her head at her thoughts and changed her expression to an annoyed one.

Krishn stood up from the swing and ruffled her hair, "I'm making breakfast, freshen up soon," and with that he left her unmoving as she tried to process what all had happened in the span of the past ten minutes.

A few minutes had passed with no sign of her and Krishn laughed to himself in the kitchen, remembering the look on Radha's face as she tried to comprehend what had been happening, but immediately shut up when he saw her coming into the kitchen, now changed and freshly showered.

"Here you are, I'm making sandwiches for us, do you want to help?" He asked, his eyes hopeful.

She looked at him, sceptical but nodded nonetheless, her focus stolen by the delicious filling she was putting inside the sandwiches. Krishn's smile softened as he watched her struggle to push that one strand of hair behind her ears.

"Can I?" he questioned before he could stop himself.

Radha looked at him confused, "What?", he gestured to her hair, and she grumbled, "Don't mind, it never stays back. It's so strange; I've tried everything to hold this ridiculous strand of hair back, but it never works."

Krishn smiled and said, "Perhaps I can help." Radha sighed and nodded, fully turning towards him.

He moved closer, and her breath caught in her throat. He bent down a little and murmured, "Close your eyes," and she complied, afraid that if she kept them open, she might fall for him, which was bad for her health.

The curly-haired boy grinned and shook his head at her anxious expression before gently taking the lock of hair in his fingers and tucking it behind her ear while lighting grazed her cheek, causing her to suck in a breath. He drew back and looked at her amused, for her eyes remained closed.

After a few seconds, Krishn laughed out loud, breaking Radha out of whatever trance she had fallen into. She opened her eyes, now too embarrassed to even look at him. Oh kanha, what was this guy doing to her?

Author's note:

Okay this is really shorter than my usual chapters but college suddenly got busy with loads of assignments, presentations and internals. But I really wanted to write and post something as you all have been waiting for a really long time.

Do not worry, I will NEVER abandon this story, I've written this with too much love in my heart to just leave it in the middle. Right now even I do not know when or how this will end so let's find out together, yeah? I cannot promise regular updates right now as I am also preparing for a few entrances alongside college which are in two months but I will post, I promise.  Updates might be slow but they will be there. 

Radhe Radhe