12. 𝖤𝗑𝗂𝗅𝗂𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾

Radha was overjoyed for the weekend; she desperately needed a break from school, all her thoughts, and especially the curly-haired boy who had been on her mind since the day before.

"Radha, we're going out with Yashoda and Balram today to attend your aunt's wedding; we'll be back tonight or tomorrow morning, so take care of the house," her mother said, jolting her out of her thoughts.

"Why are you going with Yashoda kaki?" Radha wondered.

"Oh, you didn't know? We were talking the other day and found out she was linked to the groom's family, so we all agreed to go together."

"Oh, what a coincidence." Radha was returning to the book she was reading before her mother arrived when she recalled something.

"Wait, ma, why can't I go with you all?" She inquired.

"Radha my child, we can't leave the house empty and even Krishn is staying back, so maybe you two can keep each other company," her mother said guiltily as she sat beside her on her bed, carefully caressing her head.

And with that Radha's hopes for a serene weekend were shattered. She attempted to persuade her parents to take her with them, but was silenced by her father's glare.

"Stay with Krishn today; he's your friend, right? You'll have a good time."

"Cook or order something to eat, I'll leave some money for you," her mother said before departing, caressing her head one final time.

Radha grumbled and accompanied her family out the door to say her goodbyes and make her way to Krishn's house, only to discover Krishn waving to Yashoda kaki and dau. When he noticed her glum expression, he approached her and whispered, "So I guess we're stuck together for the rest of the day."

"I'm not very content with this arrangement, so let's get through this day with as little interaction as possible, okay?" she said to a beaming Krishn as the car drove away from the street.

Krishn furrowed his brows and seemed confused by her sharp comments, "Are you angry with me? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no, you never do anything wrong. I was the one who expected too much from you," Radha muttered the last part to herself.

She went inside to retrieve her phone and the book she was previously reading, while Krishn stayed outside the door, chuckling to himself, "This time that we've gotten to ourselves, I'm going to make it count. Let's see how long you can be upset with your Krishn."

***

Radha sat on the couch in Krishn's living room, reading her book, disregarding the presence of the curly-haired boy next to her. It became difficult for her to ignore the constant staring after a time, so she laid the book down with a frustrated groan, "What?"

"What?" Krishn responded

"Why do you keep staring at me? Do you have nothing to do?" Radha rolled her eyes.

"Not really," he responded after pretending to think for a few moments, causing her to close her eyes and groan in annoyance. Krishn fought hard not to chuckle, watching her frustration, oh how he loved to annoy her this way.

"Krishn, please stop staring at me," Radha pleaded after she calmed herself, slight anger still visible in her eyes.

Krishn smiled broadly and said, "Your wish is my command." And with that, he vanished inside his room.

Radha sighed contentedly and resumed reading. After an hour, she realised she hadn't had anything since the morning and considering the fact that it was far past midday, she felt quite hungry. Just then Krishn came out of his room, and went straight to the kitchen, Radha followed, hoping to find at least some bread and jam.

A Familiar Love- A Radhakrishn Retellingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें