Chapter 12. A Kidnapping.

Chapter 12.

A Kidnapping.

Caderyn spread his wings again took off into the sky. Lynwood, after some difficulty, managed to get Collyn into a sitting position in front of him, with one arm around her waist and the other still over her mouth. Collyn was struggling very hard by now, trying to tear herself loose from Lynwood's grasp.

"Will you calm down please?" Lynwood yelled into her ear. "Or you'll send us both tumbling to our deaths."

Collyn widened her eyes and looking down gave a muffled shriek and shook violently

"I thought I asked you to calm down," Lynwood scolded. "Stop struggling and relax, the more you struggle, the greater your risk is of falling off and killing yourself."

Collyn obviously understood the wisdom of his words and relaxed. Lynwood took his hand off her mouth and regretted the action, for Collyn let out a high pitched scream. Lynwood quickly covered her mouth again.

"You want me to go deaf or something? Good grief, have you ever stopped to wonder that screaming isn't going to do you any good? Just keep quiet, that will make us all feel better."

Collyn grit her teeth in fury as Lynwood took his hand off again. She turned to face him, anger burning a fire in her dark eyes. "How dare you, how dare you kidnap me like this? Who do you think you are? When my uncle realizes what you have done he will surely kill you."

"I only kidnapped you to keep myself from being discovered," Lynwood explained. "If you would have just remained calmed none of this would have happened, but no, all you could do was scream."

"Of course I screamed, any girl in her right mind would scream."

"Any girl in her right mind would keep quiet. It's just you city girls, who don't know any better, throw hysterics when you see things; I mean from insects to dragons, you always have to scream."

"You have got to be the most horrid, ill manner boy in all of Northurst! Put me down this instant!"

"As you wish," Lynwood gave a gallant nod. "Caderyn, would you mind descending?"

Caderyn dove down; Collyn closed her eyes in fear, while Lynwood threw his head back with pleasure.

"You can open your eyes," he laughed when Caderyn's feet touched the ground. "We're on dry land."

Collyn immediately jumped up and began running, but stopped short when she noticed the unfamiliar surroundings.

"Where am I?" she angrily demanded

"Some place where no one will hear you," Lynwood replied.

"Take me back to the palace at once!" Collyn stomped her foot in displeasure.

"I will, but only when you promise not to go telling everyone about the dragon and me."

"Oh believe me, when I get back the first thing I will do is report you to my uncle, King Farran."

"Then I'm not taking you anywhere," Lynwood shrugged, settling more comfortably on Caderyn's back.

"Who are you?" Collyn demanded. "What is this letter abou? And was it really necessary to drag me all the way out here in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE?"

"I told you, my name is Lynwood and I am the son of a woodsman. I don't have a clue what the letter is about, only that my father told me to bring it to your brother, the nephew of the king. Oh I probably should have asked this before, but does the king have more than one nephew? Perhaps you have another brother, or perhaps some other sibling His Majesty has a son."