——

You had fallen asleep, resting your head on Loki's shoulder as he read through a file.
"There's quite a few more than I originally thought" Loki said with a yawn. Mobius sighed.
"Clearly. Wanna take a walk? You'll have to wake up your girlfriend there"

"She's not my girlfriend."
"Yet you let her sleep on your shoulder, had your arms around her back at 79AD and continuously call her darling?"
"To annoy her. I hate her"
"Sure you do."
"You know nothing about me. Maybe on the Sacred Timeline we liked each other eventually, but not here."

"Ok" Mobius nodded.
"Here we make our own choices."
"Noted"
"We hate each other"
"Whatever you say. Let's take a walk, wake her up" Mobius tells him, rising from his seat.

——

The three of you sat around a table in the cafeteria with drinks, you having a hot chocolate. When Loki had woken you earlier you didn't make a comment on the fact you were sleeping on his shoulder. He didn't comment on it either.

"By the way, at your desk, that magazine?" Loki started a conversation.
"Yeah, the one on jet skis?" Mobius's face practically lit up.
"Why do you have that?" You ask him.
"Because they're awesome!" Mobius beams. You shrug.
"I suppose they are" you say.

"You know some things.. Actually most things in history are kinda dumb, and everything gets ruined eventually. But in the early 1990s, for a brief, shining moment, there was a beautiful union of form and function, which we call a jet ski. A reasonable man cannot differ" Mobius explained.

"You ever been on one?" Loki asks.
"No. I think a TVA agent showing up on a jet ski on the Sacred Timeline, that would create a branch for sure"
"Why not just do it just before a tsunami apocalypse occurs?" You suggest. "It would be fun!"
"It would be, really fun."

"Why read about them?" Loki asks him.
"It helps remind me what we're fighting for" Mobius shrugs, making both you and Loki laugh.
"You really believe in all this stuff don't you?" You laugh.
"I don't get hung up on 'believe, not believe' I just accept what is."
You raise your eyebrows at him, stifling a laugh.

"Three magic lizards created the TVA and everyone in it? Including you?" You ask.
"Time-Keepers, and yes, including me."
"Every time I start to admire your intelligence, you say something like that" Loki insults him.
"Who created you guys?"

"My dead parents had sex in Asgard and my mum got pregnant with me" you shrugged.
"A Frost Giant of Jotunheim" Loki answered.
"And who raised you both?"
"Aesir of Asgard, AKA my father."
"Odin of Asgard" you both answered.

"Odin. God of the Heavens. Asgard, mystical realm, beyond the stars. Frost Giants. Listen to yourselves!" Mobius laughed.
"It's not the same" you say.
"It's exactly the same! If you think too hard about where any of us came from, who we truly are, it sounds kinda ridiculous"
"Except you don't remember getting made. Not that I do, but if you were created in your form right now you should have memory of it" you tell him.

Mobius shrugs. "Existence is chaos! Nothing makes any sense so we try to make sense of it. And I'm just lucky that the chaos I emerged into, at least, gave me all of this. My own glorious purpose. The TVA is my life and it's real because I believe it's real."

You and Loki stayed silent for a moment. 'I'm lucky the chaos I emerged into' hit you both hard. Loki quickly shrugged it off, carrying on with the conversation.
"Fair enough. You believe it's real. So everything is written? Past, present and future? Theres no such thing as free will?" Loki interrogates.