A Merchant's Tale

Start from the beginning

As they follow Anna through the village, Reito, and Ahri can see the state of the villagers. Everyone inside was frightened. Too scared to even get out of their own homes. He could even hear whispers about the two. 

"Another group being led to a slaughter."

"They never should've taken this job."

"They'll end up just like the rest we sent."

The whispers made Ahri feel... Uneasy.

Ahri: Reito... Are you sure this is a good idea? I can hear the villagers talking.

Reito: I hear them, too. Don't worry. I promise that I'll have no harm come to you. We will eliminate this monster.

Ahri: Okay.

Anna: The inn is here. Please, make him see reason.

Reito: We'll do our best.

They enter the inn and see the lounge is rather empty. All except one.

Ahri: Reito, look.

She points to the corner to a man sitting with the curtain slightly closed and two empty bottles of alcohol on the table. They walk over.

Reito: Are you the merchant that's being talked about?

???: What do you want?

Reito: We understand that you had a run-in with a monster. I'm sorry. I came here to hunt that creature and won't stop until it's dead.

???: All you adventurers. You all come here, only to die. And for nothing. This sent a boy to do a man's job.

Reito: I may look young but don't let it fool you. You'll find that I'm more than just an adventurer.

???: How different?

Reito: I share powers like the Cardinal Heros. That should suffice.

???: You're just a boy. How can you fare against the hunters and adventurers they've sent?

Reito: For one: I'll be better prepared. You will tell me what you haven't told the others about this creature. This beast-

???; It's no beast! It's a demon.

Reito: It must be serious for you to cut me off with such... Anger. Tell me about it. Please.

The merchant gave a cold look before taking a big gulp from his bottle. He set the bottle down and straightened his posture.

???: It gave no warning. Nothing. While on the way, my carriage was ambushed. It came from one side and then appeared in another. So fast, we couldn't see. It took my guards out one by one. Clawing, scratching, gripping, tearing. It did it all. I took refuge beneath my damaged carriage. The screams of my guards were all I could hear. As I lay still, one of my guards lay right in front of me with the skin of his face completely ripped off and the flesh around it melted with acid. A God-awful smell! I was about to come out when the creature planted its foot on his back and stepped through his spin. It tore his body apart. Eating with limbs as green as grass and as scaley as a reptile. I found a gap behind the carriage and escaped. Just as I thought I was clear, I turned to see the monster gone. I looked all around. My heart was beating faster than it had before. I heard a snap in the brush and I saw it. It stood as tall as a man. Serrated teeth. Covered in scales from head to toe. Blood drooling from its open mouth. It let me live as it ventured out into the forest. I've never gone out since then.

Reito: It's only gotten worse. Was there anything of value that you left in your carriage that you want to be retrieved?

???: No. Nothing.

The Samurai: Rising of The Shield Hero X Male ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara