Marin's Resistance

/Sidon/

Today was the day Wild and his group had to leave to visit the other towns around Hyrule.
I had to hold in tears as Y/n left, and I watched as Legend protectively held his arm behind her, and I hoped she would be alright. 

/Legend/

As we walked away from Zora's domain, I made sure Sidon stayed away from Y/n when we left. I overheard them talking to each other about difficulties they were enduring.
I don't want Sidon to burden Y/n, and I felt slightly hurt that she went to a fish prince instead of me for her problems, even if I didn't fully hear them. I also didn't like how close he had gotten to her as she had leaned on him that one time, and I could practically see his face blending into his red scales which was no small feat.

We walked in sunlight for hours on end, until the climate changed to rocky terrain, and the heat increased.
We all tried and failed to collect a few fire lizards for fire resistance potions, the only one of us actually succeeding was Marin, who only managed to catch three, but Wind had knocked one out of her hands on accident.

We cooked them as Y/n caught more in the intense heat, and eventually after a few minor burns, we all downed potions as Wild stuck with his heavy fire-resistant armor. We teleported into the Goron's town, and while everyone was sweating slightly, Y/n appeared to be completely unphased.
We were met by the village leader and Yunobo, who immediately hit it off with Marin, and they ended talking about monsters. Yunobo seemed terrified of them, even with Daruk's protection and his giant rock-like body, while Marin sighed and brought him off to show him that they weren't all that scary. I was about to follow them, but Wild grabbed my wrist and told me that it'd be better if they were left alone. 

"WHY?!" I asked, and he replied, "Even if we aren't in her hyrule, she still needs to regain old memories and make new ones to fix her mental health, which is obviously in shambles."
I was about to ask what he meant, but Twilight leaned onto him, and he wasn't able to answer.

I gave up when Warriors came over to tease me about Y/n and ended up snapping at him.
He left, hands up in a joking manner, and that only seemed to worsen my mood, which I knew was his goal.

We spent a few hours for Four to finish their forage training with an expert Goron, and while I was stuck in the heat, practically burning, as my potion was about to wear off.
Marin walked back with Yunobo, and the two smiled and showed some ore that the pair had collected. There were a large sum of quality diamonds, sapphires, rubies, and topaz, and we were all left shocked.

Four walked out with weapons in their hands and handed Y/n something, before stuffing the rest into their bag, before insisting that we left for the next place. I watched as Y/n fumbled with a dangerous pair of daggers.
They were foraged from obsidian, and even now, I could see that the material was common in the Goron's hands, but not on a weapon like that. Four seemed proud of themself, while Marin loved the daggers.

I warned her not to hurt herself and to be careful, and she heeded my orders, sticking them into their covers, before putting it in her pockets.
 I wondered if she was uncomfortable in the torn dress she was in, and when I asked, Y/n replied, "Yeah, it's a bit dirty, and I ripped the bottom part off to pull my hair up. I need something practical, so I'll wait until the next town." I nodded as we were transported to a dessert, an entrance to a wall. 

Marin wandered over to a pair of women, and when they saw her, they immediately asked what she was doing out there. She pointed at us, and told them she was traveling with us, and they snagged her away before I could catch up.
One left with Y/n, while the other held me back saying, "Men aren't allowed in the town, and you clearly don't know how to treat a girl such as her!" before pushing me away, forcing me to back up.

"Wild!" I yelled, running up to him, "Some random ladies kidnapped Marin, and I don't know what to do!" The blonde sighed and put on a ladies' outfit before explaining,
"This town only allows women inside, and sometimes, I'm just glad they're gullible enough to believe appearances." before walking inside, leaving us behind with the information to go south and pay a toll to get an outfit to walk in town too. "Time!" I begged, "We have to go! Y/n could be in trouble!!" 

The old man rolled his eyes, but complied, and we made our way and bought the outfits.
I couldn't stop laughing at Warriors, who refused to take of his scarf, even in the warm weather.

We walked back, though faster than last time, and met up with Wild, who then laughed at our appearances and told us that if we were to blend in, we'd have to act female and let him do all the talking. I agreed eagerly, impatient to get to Marin.
We walked into the Inn, only to see her swarmed by abnormal amounts of gerudo warriors, dragging her to the training grounds after we were able to see her in a similar outfit to ours. Poor Y/n didn't fight back, letting herself be dragged.

We followed quickly and quietly, and we watched as Marin and another soldier started to spar, resulting with Marin on her back, the woman on the ground, before calling out that drinks were on the lady she defeated.
They all cheered and dragged her once more to the bar. Wild explained that even he wasn't allowed to drink as a girl, because they couldn't tell his age. They handed her a drink without a hesitation, and she downed it, before asking for another.

We approached Y/n, and she smiled and waved us over. When a woman asked who we were, more directed at Y/n then us.
Marin told her that she and some of her male friends had tried to join into the town to meet the women part of the group that was going to meet them on their way to Rito village, and our group, the female part, had just walked over to talk to her in private, and the woman nodded understanding, and walked away, taking the hint.

She sipped on the second Noble Persuit, before Wild asked, "Aren't you too young?" Y/n shrugged, "Probably, but I'll be fine. Anyways, where to next? Why are you even here, aren't you banned from entering town?"
Wild explained that they went to go and see Riju, a young chief. Marin nodded, before we walked to the throne room and bowed on our knees, while Marin only seemed to bow her head. Riju nodded in approval, before asking us to stand.

"Wild, please get your male friends out of my town before everyone else figures out." She sighs, pinching her nose, and I scoff, the first out of the group to speak, and say, "They kidnapped Y/n! We had rights if it meant getting a friend out of a red-flagged situation!" Riju rubbed her temples, before asking,
"Did you ever seem to think that the soldiers may have seen YOU as a red flag to Y/n?" I paused, letting her continue, "A girl in shabby clothes, wandering in the dessert with men. For all we knew, you could have KIDNAPPED and RAPED her, and we wouldn't have known. So, we did what we could to keep her SAFE from the unknown, and even gave her fitting clothing so she wouldn't die from the heat. Please leave."

So, we did, and set off for Rito Village with a somehow-not-drunk Marin.