As they were discussing where to eat, someone interfered them by tapping on Karas shoulders. They all turn around to see Hitoka, Karas sister. "Kara I need your help!", she said panicked.

They all looked at the blonde girl with confusion. "So basically, the volleyball team are going to tokyo for a training camp and I can't go because I have an upcoming exam so I need someone to go in my place to help Shimizu - san and I was thinking Kara maybe you can-"

"Absolutely not. I have my own team to take care of. But I do know someone who could go..", Kara replied and slowly but surely her head turned to look at Airi, as well as everyone else.

"Me!?", Airi asked in a shocked tone. "Yes you!", all of her friends said almost as if they had practiced just to say that.

"That would be a great opportunity for you to get closer to mr. crush.", Mary raised one of her eyebrows and chuckled.

"Fine..I'll go.", Airi sighed but deep inside, she felt a little bit of joy and excitement. Maybe this would be a great chance to get closer to her grey - haired boy?

———

The days of the Tokyo Camp came nearer and nearer. Airi had took part in practice for the past 3 weeks and she felt great to be able to concentrate on something specific and also to spend time with Sugawara.

As time flew by, she was already packing for those five days. "So I got my clothes, towels, pajama, skincare, makeup and...", she spoke to herself while looking at her checklist.

She then closed her suitcase and carried it downstairs, where her dad was waiting. "Are you done? Hurry up we're gonna be late", he said in a rushed demeanor. "Fine, I'm just grabbing my bag real quick, you can put this in the trunk already.", she said and rushed into the living room to grab her tote bag.

"Oh Airi you're leaving already?", her Mom asked. She nodded and grabbed her stuff before her Mom came to hug her goodbye. "Remember! No alcohol and no sex!", her mom said jokingly. "Who should I be sleeping with? It's a bunch auf volleyball nerds!", she laughed, but deep down, she knows exactly who she would do it with. "I know I know. Well have fun and be careful!", she said before Airi rushed outside where her dad was waiting.

She jumped into the car and they drove off.

When they arrived at school, her dad gave Airi a goodbye hug and helped her carry her things to the bus. There were still a few people missing and after a short chit chat between her Dad and Mr. Takeda, her dad turned to her with a warning look on his face. "Remember. No alcohol and no sex!", he spoke. "Dad! Why are you saying this so loud! I got it! You and mom are just the same!", Airi whispered awkwardly and pushed her father back to his car.

She went back to the bus and got in. The bus was almost packed. "Just sit down in the last row next to Shimizu, Himiko.", mr. Takeda smiled and pointed at the window seat in the back row. "Oh. I can't sorry. I'll feel sick in the back.", she said. "Oh no problem then..Sawamura! Will you switch seats with Himiko? She can't sit in the back!", the teacher called. "Sure! Just a second.", the team captain replied and took his things. "Thanks Sawamura!", Airi smiled nicely. "Oh sure. Suga don't do anything stupid alright?", Daichi warned him and walked off to Shimizu.

Airi squeezed into the window seat and sat down while Sugawara watched her silently. "Is there something in my face? Why're you staring?", she asked, seeing him staring into her soul. "No it's nothing. Sorry.", Sugawara said and quickly looked away.

The bus started driving after a couple minutes. It was still loud and noisy since everyone was excited. Airi tried to start conversations with Sugawara but he would just answer her questions with one word.

At one point, the girl just gave up. She plugged in her earphones into her phone and put on music, before she drifted away into dreamland.

———

The sunlight blinded her and she slowly opened the eyes. Airi looked around and felt some weight on top of her head. That's when she realized that her head was on Sugawaras shoulders and he probably rested his head on top of hers.

A rosy color appeared on the girl's cheek but out of a sudden, the bus stopped and they were told to get up. "Kōshi ~ Wake up ~", Airi grinned playfully. The grey haired boy slowly opened his eyes and jumped up like he had seen a ghost. "Did I scare you up or what?", Airi asked frustrated. "No..sorry it's just..", he tried to explain while turning into a bright red tomato.

Airi chuckled.
"I'll leave you in the bus alone if you don't hurry up.", she said before standing up and heading to the door. Sugawara quickly followed her steps.

———

The first training day flew by, Airi took a bath and went into the cafeteria to make herself some tee. As she was pouring the hot water into her mug, she heard steps coming up to her.

She turned around to see her crush standing right in front of her, in a oversized graphic-t and some shorts. "Do you need something?", she smiled. "Can you make me a cup of tea too?", she asked in a bubbly way. Airi nodded and grabbed another mug out of one of the drawers and gave Sugawara his tea.

"Can we talk Airi?", Sugawara asked her out of a sudden. "Um sure I guess..", the girl replied in a nervous tone.

They headed outside to a bench and sat down next to each other. "Airi..why are you so interested in me? It's so out of nowhere. You didn't even know I existed before I brought you your wallet.", the grey haired boy spoke.

"Don't you get it? It's so obvious Kōshi!
I have feelings for you!"

There was a moment of silence.

"Sorry I- I didn't mean to yell-", She tried to apologize but Sugawara cut her off.

"I don't get it Airi! Why me, out of everyone? I don't want to be another one of you toys and you'll just throw me away whenever you get bored! In fact, I like you too. You're so beautiful and I admire you but I'm scared that you'll just replace me like I was nothing!"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Hope y'all enjoyed! Next chapter is coming in two days prolly I already started it!