Chapter 35 - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

Her eyes narrowed slightly but then Harper quickly nudged her in the back again while Emily giggled as Eva kicked her foot out behind her and got her brother in the shin – yeah innocent my butt. Then she gave Emily an annoyed look and shook her head but Emily was nodding and I knew they were using their mind link to talk to each other.

Watching Eva closely I saw her brows furrow a little and her heart beat started to go a little erratic – was Eva panicking over something? Emily was nodding her head vigorously now and pointing for Eva to get over here. My mate shot me a nervous look but was quick to cover it up and she slowly made her way towards me with her little smile glued to her face but her eyes weren’t flirting anymore, they were watching me like a Hawke.

“I won’t bite.” I kept my tone neutral still, but smirked a little as she looked like she was about to run back to her side of the net at any moment now. She stopped a few feet away from me and in an instant, I reached out and grabbed her waist, spinning her around and pulling her back close to my chest.

Her heart was pounding away in her chest as I lowered my head to alongside hers, making my mouth at level with her ear, “What exactly do you want me to show you babe?” I whispered softly, stirring goose bumps along her arms and shoulders.

She held the ball in both hands; gripping it tightly and I caught a glimpse of her slightly panicked but mostly murderous glare she was giving Emily and I held back a chuckle. Glancing over at her team I noticed how tense her brothers suddenly were – they could see Eva losing at her own game and they didn’t like it one bit.

Two can play at whatever game she is doing, not that I know what she is getting out of this apart from the fact I now know she can drive me insane with all the little moves she is pulling on me.

Lightly running the tips of my fingers down her arm until my hand was placed over top of hers lightly; her breathing picked up as I uncurled her grip of one hand on the ball and pulled it away, “You only need one hand to hold it.” I whispered softly again, my lips grazing across her ear

She held her breath and made some weird noise as her heartbeats went into over drive and I suddenly felt guilty for doing this to her right here, in front of the entire class since I know how innocent she really is in that kind of department, “Babe, I know you’re up to something.” I whispered softly near her ear and she gulped loudly, making me chuckle quietly.

“N-no I'm not.” she stuttered, sounding nervous – I make Eva nervous, I’ve never had this reaction from her before, she is always strong and holds her own, never letting anything I say or do really get the better of her unless I’ve triggered her anger.

“Yes you are.” I whispered again, still trailing my fingers lightly up and down her arm, the rest of the class disappearing from my thoughts like it was only the two of us in existence. I know me doing this was getting to her but I couldn’t stop, her skin was so soft like silk.

“I just wanted to know how to serve.” She all but breathed softly, not moving a muscle as her body stayed tense under my touch but her beating heart told me she was enjoying this along with the small shudders.

“We both know you know how to serve Eva, so – what are you up too?” I asked softly, keeping my gaze on her tiny and delicate looking hand inside my large one.

“I can’t ask for your help?” she mumbled, closing her eyes which made me smirk.

“Get your filthy hands off of my sister!” a angry voice boomed all around us, breaking Eva and I from our little moment which had my wolf on the defensive about immediately as a low warning growl rumbled through my chest. Looking up with narrow eyes at Brody – it just had to be him to say something.