Chapter 35 - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I calmed down – I know knew what Eva was doing and who the mastermind behind it was. Smirking, I didn’t know if I wanted to thank Emily or kill her because this flirty side of Eva sure was different and I could now enjoy it since I know what’s going on but at the same time, I'm already in love with the old Eva.

Coach blew the whistle loudly and I growled lowly at him, he knows how sensitive our hearing is, “Switch!” his voice bellowed through the gymnasium and I watched Eva’s team which was Emily, Harper, Grant and Eva move to the other side of our net.

Eva was smirking at me and I smirked back, she was definitely up to something and it was either her own idea and she recruited help or the others have put her up to it.

“Who’s serving first?” Ryan asked in a bored tone, he hated volleyball and our team had practically lost every game because for starters – I was watching Eva the entire time and making sure no one else was and then Ryan was only kicking the ball under the net and not even playing the game properly while the other two were trying but for them it was four against two.

“Let Saxon, since he looks like he needs to get some frustration out.” Grant mocked with a smirk and Eva shot him a ‘shut up!’ look which he ignored.

“I’ll go first.” She mumbled and quickly snatched the ball of Harper raised it up in one hand and I groaned at her stomach before me as she slammed the ball with her fist and sent it rocketing over the net and hitting the back part of the court where Ryan stood.

He instantly dove on it and was about to boot it back at her but I growled in a low tone with warning and his shoulders slumped instantly. “No, I'm not doing that!” I heard Eva hissing at Emily angrily but Emily was nodding encouragingly with a grin – a little too excited about whatever she had just suggested for Eva to do.

Eva groaned loudly with annoyance and slight anger while shooting Emily daggers who wasjust smirking back at her and nodding her head slowly as she made shooing motions for Eva to come over to my side of the net. Groaning internally, I don’t think I want her over here, not when she is acting like this – she seriously has no idea how hard it is to keep my inner wolf at bay right now.

I watched her glance over at me quickly then look away defeated as Harper pushed her in the back towards the net. Eva quickly spun around and shoved him backwards, “Don’t shove!” she snapped quietly but he just grinned and motioned to how she just done the same to him.

“Can someone just serve the freaking ball already?” Grant shouted, his patience growing thin and by the looks of it – he is over whatever the heck is going on but Harper isn’t, I can tell by the big constant grin on his face which grows even bigger every time he looks at me.

“Shush Grant!” Emily hissed at him, whoa – quiet little shy Emily told Grant the player to basically shut up and even he seemed a little shocked but shook it off as he walked to the back of their court, grumbling quietly under his breath.

“Saxon.” Eva’s sweet little voice snapped me from my mind and I looked over at her, blinking a little but then my eyes narrowed as I watched her looking all innocent and coy.

“Yes?” I asked slowly and cautiously – the joys of having a sneaky other half.

“Um...” she trailed off then glared at Emily once more and pausing before smiling sweetly at me, “Could you teach me how to serve properly?” and she pulled that darn puppy dog face Emily taught her awhile ago and I groaned quietly.

Why is she doing this to me? I know she’s up to something but it doesn’t stop my body from reacting.

Smirking, I caught hold of myself, two can play at this game little Eva but I'm going to win it, “Sure babe, come here.” And I motioned for her to join my side.