1.19

'Sᴇʀɪᴏᴜsʟʏ'

The group finally made their first steps outside after months of being cooped up in the maternity wing of the hospital

The group finally made their first steps outside after months of being cooped up in the maternity wing of the hospital. They had to pause for a moment just to soak in the air and adjust their nostrils to the unfamiliar scent of death.

"Okay, Joon, now what?" Yoongi asked stepping through Jimin and Cleo and stood close behind Namjoon who was studying the map.

"I'm just checking the signs Jungkook drew. Just keep an eye out for stragglers and leftovers." Namjoon ordered to which Yoongi nodded and scanned the area intently.

To the right were broken down cars, dirtied and no longer working. Most likely. There were a few stragglers roaming through the cars completely unaware of the group of nine standing just a little ways away.

Everyone in unison looked to the left to see tall buildings, some where pieces had fallen off the day of the the last day. Several more stragglers were roaming around snarling and a few were enjoying a nice meal of what looked to be a dog.

The group looked forward to see a clear path with only two biters walking in a circle for no reason. They looked boney, their bodies deteriorating as time progressed and the human population decreased.

Jimin and Cleo were next to each other, weapons in hand as they covered the back to make sure nothing snuck up on them.

"From the map, it looks like if we head straight, we'll pass by YG Entertainment." Namjoon informed in a whispered voice, not wanting to attract the ten plus biters idly waiting for a meal.

"Okay, well... let's go, quietly." Yoongi responded and looked back at Cleo and Jimin to motion the new best friend duo to come on.

With Namjoon leading and Tyler ending, the group took slow and quiet steps forward, hoping to not attract unwanted attention. Everyone held their weapons with a tight grip, scowling the area for any movement or biters. Keeping a tight range within each other in case one accidentally strays.

"I got this one. Yoongi, take that one on three." Yoongi nodded and awaited instructions.

By raising his finger one by one until he reached, Yoongi and Namjoon quickly yet quietly went in either direction. Taking the biter by the back of their neck, the two stabbed the biters in their skull from below.

The two dropped and Yoongi looked at Namjoon who gave a thumbs up and motioned the group to follow, no words needed.

Cleo was behind Hoseok and Jimin was on the other side behind Taehyung. Jungkook behind him and Tyler behind her. A tap on her shoulder blade causing her to whip around and give him a questioning look.

"What happened between you and Jungkook?" the left side of her lip raised, giving him a 'what kind of question is that' look.

"Really? Do you think now's a good time to ask that? Besides, it's none of your business, Ty." he didn't like that answer but dropped it for the time being. He made a note to pester her until she caved. Or just go to the culprit himself.

He will get the answer he seeks, no matter what.

A clang was heard and the nine member group paused their steps, looking at each other before looking around for the sound.

It wasn't a constant sound indicating it's not a biter but it was a more patterned sound. Someone asking for help? But who?

Being the nice group they are and to Tyler's displeasure, the group made cautious steps to the sound, all hands on deck and on guard.

"Hello?" Namjoon whispered. The clanging had stopped and for several seconds there was no sound. The big metal door that was the exit backdoor of a building opened and revealed a guy and girl with panicked eyes. Mainly the girl but her eyes widened upon realizing who was in front of her.

"BTS?" she whispered full of disbelief. Who would've thought they'd meet BTS of all people during a zombie apocalypse?

No one.

"Oh thank god, finally. We've been trapped in here for months. Baekhyun, come on, it's just BTS." the girl grabbed the sleeve of the man behind her.

"Jihyo." Namjoon said. She smiled and waved to the guys, eyes landing on the two non-Korean duo who stood there confused.

"Hey Baekhyun." Yoongi acknowledged the male who finally was relieved the moment he reorganized the group, giving Yoongi his notorious smile. "Hey, man! Long time no see~" Yoongi chuckled, shaking his head.

"Totally, man. Hey, you guys come in, there are a bunch of stragglers around." Baekhyun smiled and stepped aside. Hoseok and Taehyung glanced around them but saw none, since they had just killed two a few seconds before. Taehyung squinted his eyes, a feeling filling his gut. Taehyung lightly tugged at the hem of Hoseok's sleeve, the older man turning slightly with a raised eyebrow.

The look in Taehyung's eyes told Hoseok enough and the two knew something must be up. Something just wasn't right.

The guys then cautiously filed inside, keeping a close proximity to one another as a tactic. Baekhyun's eyes glued onto Cleo's form, Tyler evidently aware made a step closer to her, towering over her from behind in a protective stance. He was going to make it known to Baekhyun that she isn't an option. And if he had to, he wouldn't hesitate to slit his throat.

When everyone was finally inside, the door behind them slammed, and everyone but Jihyo jerked around to see Baekhyun with a 'sorry' look. Jihyo led the group through the dark halls of the building, Baekhyun behind Tyler. The lights above that light the hallway flicker quickly, an eerie aura took over the once bright building.

The group had no idea how long the walk was but they soon saw light and heard slight voices conversing amongst themselves, happily. As if there wasn't death and sadness just outside the steel 'exit 'door.

Yeah, something definitely wasn't right.

Namjoon looked back to Seokjin with a look, an uneasy look which caused the two to have knots in their stomachs. And as if speaking telepathically, the two understood what the other was thinking out of instinct and closeness.

Keep a lookout and stay on guard.

One of Namjoon's many rules; Always be on guard- you never know what or who's around the corner waiting to attack.

A definitive nod was shared between them before returning their focus back on Jihyo. They never had a problem with Jihyo or Baekhyun but they've noticed over the past several months at how quick and easy a person can change when their lives are in danger. Therefore, one can never be too careful when it comes to letting others in.

Or in this case; following others blindly simply out of familiarity.

Namjoon has always made sure to keep his group safe, never taking unnecessary trips, never starting from the safety line. And with Seokjin as his second, he always looked to the older for an input. It's never been like this.

Both men having an uneasy feeling. Both sharing the 'something isn't right' look and that does not make Namjoon feel good.

What the hell did he get his group into?

×××

A/N:

~ 𝒫ℴ𝓁𝒶𝓇ℬℯ𝒶𝓇𝒮𝓃𝒾𝒸𝓀ℯ𝓇𝓈🤘🕊️🖤
~ vote
~ comment