Her colleague cheered - "You are so lucky that your husband adores you."

Another colleague added - "It's very clear. We can see from the way he looks at you. Clearly."

Khushi wondered- "How does he..look at me?"

Her colleague chimed in - "like he's helplessly falling in love."

Later that day, Arnav and Khushi were having dinner at Arnav's parent's place. Of course, the two ended up bickering over something silly. But, Arnav's parents could see that something had changed between these two. But they couldn't pinpoint what it was.

Khushi - "Excuse me! Unlike you, I'm a limited edition. You, on the other hand, are a prototype. No wonder they (referring to Arnav's parents) had to correct all bugs & defects and that's why they have a version after you!" (referring to Akash)

Arnav's parents looked at each thinking 'these two have started it again!'

Arnav - "That's not true! As soon as you were born, you were enough chaos of a tsunami in their life. And they didn't want yet another man-made natural calamity. They (referring to Khushi's parent) couldn't dare to create yet another menance."

Khushi - "I was hoping for a battle of wits but it would be wrong to attack someone who's totally unarmed!!!!"

Arnav - "I'd tell you to fuck yourself, but that would be cruel and unusual punishment."

Khushi whispered to Arnav -"Why don't you fuck me instead?" looking straight into his eyes. Arnav could not tell if she was being serious or playful. Neither could Khushi herself.

Arnav leaned closer towards Khushi and whispered in her ear - "If you could just stop yelling at me for one second, I could show you a much more fun and productive use for that mouth of yours." And Khushi felt goosebumps all over her body.

And that was when, those two just realized what happened and continued their dinner in silence, making his parents wonder what happened so suddenly. 

(Next day)

Arnav and Khushi woke up late that Sunday morning.

Khushi woke up Arnav and whispered - "I'm hungry."

Arnav - "Well what am I supposed to do about that?"

Khushi - "Can.. can we.. make.. pancakes..?"

Arnav groaned and rolled his eyes - "Sure."

He made a big bowl of batter and cooked a ton of pancakes with all her favorite flavours, especially her most favourite - chocolate chip pancake. He went up to Khushi to wake her up but Khushi was still really sleepy so she sit up and stretched out her arms to him with pleading eyes and Arnav had to give in to her cute antics and carried her to the bathroom, to brush her teeth.

As they ate the pancake, they sat on their balcony and just enjoy the morning.

Neither of them wanted to talk about that kiss or that table talk of yesterday. It was like they were everything in their power to avoid those topics and walking around in egg shells.

(Next day)

This Monday had exhausted Arnav, and he didn't want to think about anything anymore. He just wanted to snuggle into his warm blanket and sleep off.

After dinner, he found Khushi searching for something in her cupboard.

Arnav -"what are you searching for?"

Khushi -"Packet of sanitary napkins."

Arnav - "You needed it? I thought you had already bought it"

Khushi - "Well, no. I even put it on the grocery list for thsi month!"