Chapter 51: The Siege of Castir Part 4 (The End)

Start from the beginning

Many of them died and the tower with the cannons was destroyed. The only thing remaining was the mage.

"Curse you! I'm Lord Jacop Truris, professor of battle magic at the accademy. I will never surrender and the city will not fall!" He angrly stated.

Then a big earthquake started destroying the builidng and the team was nearly buried alive by a collapsing one. 

In order to help the mage some orcs, trolls and even a vampire also showed up.

"Where were these motherfuckers hiding?" Asked Enric.

"Did you call us master?" One of the creatures stated.

"Yes, do you se these people over there? I don't want to see them anymore." 

"At your orders, master." 

Then the creatures charged with a superhuman speed managing to kill some american soldiers.

The vampire was of course the toughest one and it took the combined fire of two apache helicopters (along with some claymores) to kill him (because of the regenerative abilities).

When the creatures died it was the professor's turn and despite his many tricks he was no match for the combined firepower of Apache helicopters and US infantry.

He tried using poison spells, trasmutation ones, barriers... but nothing worked.

The professor realized the battle was lost and decided to commit the unthinkable...

"I will die as a proud lomorian noble." He then took a flintlock pistol a shot himself for the "honor".

"Crazy bastard! He even killed 10 brave american soldier together with those strange creatures." Stated one of the surviving men.

"He was only doing his duty, thinking he was fighting for a right cause... He didn't know the truth about the chamberlain." 

"In war everyone thinks they are right without knowing the truth. So did the germans during WW2 so did we. It's the human nature."

"Anyway, let's leave the philospical questions for the scholars. We are soldiers, we obey orders." Stated Enric while leaving the battlelfield.

Casualties (EARTH): 10 US soldiers.

(LOMOR): 2 students, 200 soldiers, 30 creatures, professor Jacop.

The city of Lomor was about to fall and only the palace was left. The final battle between the special forces and the chamberlain was about to end...

"Shit, Ismir's guards are some very tough motherfuckers!" Stated a russian Spetsnaz.

"Merde! I already lost two men." Cursed a french COS soldier.

"I managed to kill one more of these imperials but they seem endless. We have to block their reinforcements!" Stated a chinese special forces soldier.

"Ground trasmutation!" Shouted the chamberlain before turning some of the floor into sand that made some earth soldier fall in the floor below.

But the spell made the noble exhausted and the soldiers noticed that...

"Phantom, do you copy? Over" 

"Tango is on sight, permission to shot, over."

"Permission granted."

Then the sniper fired piercing a window and planting a bullet right inside the noble's head.

"Noble Ismir! We will avenge you!" Shouted his guards before being killed by the combined fire of the sniper and the assult rifles of Earth's special forces.

They took advantage of their distraction and wiped them.

"The palace is taken, the chamberlain is dead." Reported a british SAS to general Coppelli with his radio.

"Roger that, other teams report similar victories all over the city. Only smaller fights with some angry civilians and remaining army members are occurring but the battle could be said to be won." Declared the general.

CASUALTIES:

400 Earth soldiers dead (mainly in the house to house fighting), many injured and some vehicles damaged.

6k lomorians dead and many wounded and captured.

Many vywerns and beasts killed.

Meanwhile...

"Shit! I better get out from here." Shouted a figure hidden by an invisiblity spell before its noises made the Earth militaries aware of its presence inside the palace.

"Hey you, stop right now!" Shouted a US marine.

"Fuck, I'm dead. The master will kill me." He cursed.

"I think you will desire it after we what we will do to you." The soldier replied with a sadistic smile.