Part 1 {Dan's POV}

"Attention all passengers, Flight 708 to London, Heathrow has been delayed due to issues beyond our control. The problem is currently being attended to and hopefully we will be able to take off in the next hour." The nasal voice filled my ears.

I placed my headphones back over my ears and groaned loudly, startling the elderly woman sitting a few seats down. I grasped my boarding pass in one hand and my iPod in the other.

I glanced around the gate, scanning over mothers trying to control their screaming babies and businessmen staring intensely at their computer screens. Eventually my gaze landed upon a gorgeous boy with jet black hair standing by an information desk. He was wearing a red oversized jumper and black skinny jeans that hugged his figure perfectly.

The boy must have felt me staring at him because he turned around and my brown eyes connected met his ice blue ones.

I quickly returned my attention back to my phone hoping for a distraction from the mysterious boy whose gaze a could now feel burning into my head.

I looked back up at the boy and our eyes met again. The corner of his mouth was upturned into a smirk.

"Fuck." I thought. "Did he just wink at me?"

I could feel my cheeks burning.

The boy turned back to the airline employee and continued their conversation.

It was obvious that he was frustrated by the exchange because he exhaled loudly before stomping over to the seat directly next to me.

He sat down and let out a heavy sigh.

Using all of my courage I reached over and gently tapped him on the shoulder. "I hope you don't mind me asking but is everything okay?"

"Um...not really." He replied. "I'm supposed to take another flight to France once we land in London but they're is no way that I'm going to make it now this this flight has been delayed indefinitely."

"I'm so sorry. Airlines can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. I'm assuming that the flight attendant was no help whatsoever?"

He nodded solemnly.

I continued, "What were you planning on doing in Paris?"

"Umm..." He looked slightly caught off guard by my question. "I was supposed to ...uh...to meet a friend of mine there, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen now." He looked so disappointed. I could feel my heart breaking. "I'm Phil by the way."

"It's nice to meet you Phil. I'm Dan."

There was a loud beep over the intercom and an obnoxious voice filled the air. "Once again we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and unfortunately the plane is still not ready for takeoff. Our crew has recently noticed several additional issues with the aircraft but we are doing everything in our power to ensure that your flight is safe and comfortable. Thank you for your patience."

Phil shook his head in disbelief. "This is fucking ridiculous. You'd think they'd make sure the plane was functioning before they made all of us come to the gate in the first place."

His tone was angry, but his expression was solemn.

"I know it's awful." I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "But, in the mean time, I'm going to make sure that you have the best time that you've ever had waiting for a flight."

"Alright what are we going to do then?"

"Do you like movies?" I asked as I pulled several Studio Ghibli DVDs out of my backpack along with the emergency bag of Maltesers that I kept with me at all times.

"Dan, you are amazing." Phil replied in awe.

He looked so adorable. He lovely blue eyes had widened and were fixed directly on me. It made my heart skip a beat.

"What can I say," I replied smoothly. "Watching anime is the most fun I can have without the plane taking off."

~

We were halfway through Kiki's Delivery Service when a notification popped up on my computer screen signifying that my battery was almost empty.

"Shit, I should plug that in before we take off." I said searching around the gate for an outlet, eventually locating an unoccupied one on a wall a few feet away.

Before I could say another word, Phil had pulled his laptop out of his bag. He pointed to the outlet. "You go plug it in over there and we can finish the movie on mine."

I did as he suggested and quickly hurried back to my place next to Phil.

~

After waiting at the airport for several hours, I was exhausted.

I adjusted my headphones and leant again Phil, placing my head on his shoulder.

It may have been inappropriate considering I had only known him a few hours, but I felt so comfortable around him. It just felt natural.

When he glanced at me and flashed a sincere smile, I knew the feeling was mutual.

I could've have spent the rest of my life there, close to Phil. Let the plane stay broken forever.

Unfortunately, it didn't.

"Attention passengers, we are pleased to inform you that the plane has been fully repaired and is now approved for takeoff. We will begin boarding shortly."

"Well, it looks like we are finally going to get out of here." Phil glanced down at his phone, checking the time. "But there is no way that I'm going to be able to make my flight now."

"Oh I'm so sorry about that. It sounds like it was pretty important to you."

"Yeah, it was." Phil avoided making eye contact with me, staring sadly at the floor. "But please, Dan, don't apologize. You had nothing to do with this, and you've honestly made the last few hours so amazing. If I didn't have you I probably would have murdered one of the flight attendants."

I chuckled as a gathered my things placing my laptop and headphones safely inside and pulling out bottle of soda.

I raised the drink to my lips and was about to take a sip, when suddenly, a baby a few rows away began screaming.

Startled, I jumped and spilled the contents of the bottle all over Phil's computer.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry Phil." I exclaimed loudly.

"It's fine. It was an accident. If I go to the bathroom quickly and clean it off, it should be fine."

"Please, let me help you." I insisted.

"No!" He snapped, before collecting himself and sighing heavily. "I can handle this myself. Please just get on the plane; they've started boarding. Goodbye Dan."

"But-"

Before I could say another word, he had stomped around a corner and disappeared.

A/N- So hopefully you liked reading this chapter because I had a lot of fun writing it. This is going to be a pretty short fanfic compared to others (maybe 4-5 parts) and updates will probably be pretty slow as I am busy and want to make sure that each chapter is as amazing as possible.

If you liked it or if you want to give suggestions, leave a comment and it will definitely make my day :)