Chapter 2-Too Bad the Sandman Isn't Here (The Big Sleep)

Start from the beginning

As the trio girls and some of the other campers were still walking around the lake, Harold started to break the ice, asking one question. "Do you know how much longer?" he asked. "Not really sure myself, Harold." Marinette says. Lucy nods, "Yes, but look on the bright side of things. We get to have a moment to go out and get a breath of fresh air. Especially along with enjoying nature." "Well, she's not wrong about that." Amanda admits, agreeing with Lucy. However, what nobody noticed was the way Amanda's face was twitching after agreeing with the young Brit-brunette. It was as if she had heard that same fact somewhere before. Especially her parents since she believes that they might know where a fact like that was from. That was until they all heard Chris again.

"Pick it up, people!" Chris said in a megaphone. "If you're not back by dinnertime, you don't eat!" "Haven't we gone through enough torture for one day, dad?!" Amanda yelled, looking ticked off at her father for making her speed up, picking up the pace. After a while of walking, they made it back to the main lodge. And Owen slams the door open. "Clear a table, stat!" he exclaimed. As Lucy, Amanda, and Marinette walked to their table, Gwen started to talk after she noticed something after seeing Harold being the last of the Killer Bass to arrive, "Hey, wait a minute, if they lost, that means we won the challenge." she said. As most of the Screaming Gophers cheer for their victory, Chris stops them. "Whoa there! Hold your horses, guys. That wasn't the challenge." he said. "What did you just say?" asked Gwen.

"Who's hungry?" there, they all see a table full of home-cooked food.

CONFESSIONAL: GWEN

"After a whole week of brown sludge, I almost cried when I saw that buffet."

CONFESSIONAL: MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG

"I must admit, the buffet table looked amazing. But since Amanda explained there were still suspicions about the running and the buffet, I decided to stick with something light to eat instead. Such as a bread roll and maybe some of the salad."

CONFESSIONAL: MARY-LOUKRITIA CORLEONE

"As much as I want to enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal as it was back home, if what Amanda is saying about these suspicions is true, I'm just going to do the right thing and stick to the salad."

CONFESSIONAL: AMANDA MCLEAN

"I'm not falling for it. Something is up. I'm sticking with toast with jam or butter, eggs, and juice. Nothing else!" Amanda crosses her arms. "I may miss a chance to have some Monochrome Marble, but still! Something is still up!

Marinette finishes eating her bread roll as she, Amanda, and Lucy see the others finished stuffing themselves with what was left on the buffet table. Lucy starts to laugh quietly which got Amanda's attention. "What they all did reminded me of one dream I had back in London." Lucy whispers, "I dreamt that I was a freshman in an old high school back somewhere in the mid or late 90s. There was this one student that had a huge buffet table at lunch break every single day and time. And after he finishes all the food he ate, he still has a built figure with no change from eating whatsoever." "No kidding!" Amanda whispers while chuckling. "What was his name?" "Well, from what I can remember from my dreams, I believe his name was Kano. But some of the other students from my dreams sometimes kept calling him Mister Criminally-Insane-Though." Lucy whispered-explained. The two quietly laugh from that until Chris jumps on the table with a megaphone in hand. "Okay, campers! Time for part two of your challenge." he said. "I thought eating was the second part." said Owen.