A Rough Night.

*that night your having a hard time sleeping and the storm going on outside isn't helping so you decide to go get a glass of water.*

You: "Colonel, Im sorry I didn't mean to.."

Colonel: "It's quite alright, everything alright?"

You: "just having a rough night."

Colonel: "I know we got off to a bit of a bad start but if you wanna talk."

You: "I lost my parents, I got the phone call this morning. They were hardly around so it shouldn't effect me as bad as it is."

Colonel: "I'm sorry. But they were still your parents so haven't some kind of feeling about it is normal."

You: "I'm learning to understand that. Can I get you a drink? I just came to get a drink of water, I shouldn't bother you with my problems."

Colonel: "I'm just fine, I should be getting some sleep. Goodnight y/n."

*You smile*

You: "goodnight Mr. Parker."

*He walks into the spare guest room and you carefully walk upstairs to Elvis's room*

You: "hey El.."

*He rubs his eyes rolling over*

Elvis: "y/n? Everything okay?"

You: "I can't sleep.."

*He scoots over and lifts up the blankets*

Elvis: "get up here."

*You lay down next to him and he covers you up and puts his arm around you*

Elvis: "that better Hun?"

*You are already falling asleep*

You: "yes.."

*You let out a small yawn and Elvis smiles falling back asleep shortly after you*

*The next morning you wake up to Elvis singing in the shower and get up and quietly go into the bathroom to grab a towel to wash your face when the water stops and the curtain opens*

You: "oh my God.."

*You quickly turn away*

You: "I'm sorry I was just grabbing a towel to wash my face."

Elvis: "It's alright darlin, go ahead."

*He covers up with a towel and you quickly start washing your face hoping it will hide your blushing cheeks*

Elvis: "You'd better be getting ready, I'm taking you with me."

*He walks in still fastening his belt*

You: "where?"

Elvis: "I have a show tonight, you'll be backstage with mama."

You: "oh uh.. Elvis, I don't.."

Elvis: "I won't take no for an answer darlin."

*He kisses your cheek before grabbing his shirt and walking downstairs*

*After a few minutes you walk down in a dress that Elvis had laid out for you well you were cleaning up*

Gladys: "good morning y/n, I made you coffee just how you like it."

You: "thanks mama."

*You smile and take a sip*

You: "good morning Mr. Parker, how was your night?"

Colonel: "slept like a baby, how about you."

You: "A lot better then what it started out as."

*You smile and walk outside and sit with Vernon on the stairs and lay your head on his shoulder*

Vernon: "Was Elvis a teddy bear last night?"

*You giggle*

You: "not exactly, I had a rough night. I needed to feel like I wasn't so alone."

Vernon: "I know Hun, will you be joining us tonight?"

You: "I suppose so, although I'm not used to being with the star. I'm more of a watch the show type of person."

Vernon: "Believe me Hun, you won't want to just watch this one."

*He smiles and sets his head on top of yours*