Dulcet Ocarina.

I sat down, the despair in my heart engulfing even the sentiment and realization of being alive. My heart sunk to the depths of my soul as the tears rolled down my cheeks, never ending sorrow in its primordial form — after being faced with such a disaster; how could I not weep?
Her grizzled long hair, messily spread on the wooden floor, the crimson of her blood covered the beautiful blue dress I had so eagerly made for her; that child's life — my daughter's life — being taken by a baseless verdict without a hint of understanding or reason.

I do not know why she was born like this. Her hair was so light in color, that it was white — something no one else had ever seen in town, as her eyes were the colors of a storm on an eclipse; shades of purple, reds, and blues that struck fear on everyone who dared look at her, my girl's pale skin was as white as snow, my beautiful Persephone was born with the color of winter — and I didn't dare to allow the world to see her, my beautiful daughter.

Perhaps egoistical in nature, but my overprotectiveness of Persephone was born of an urge to protect her, most of all. No one had ever seen a beauty such as hers, and with the commotion being caused around the mainland — of women being burned to death, or drowned for simply giving birth to children who were born without a leg, or arms, I knew that Persephone's existence would eventually lead to my demise, and that my name would be tainted with the title of a witch.

Yet, it didn't make the pain any easier to bear. It was an accident; I didn't mean to let any of those damned hunters see her, yet all it took was a simple sight of my darling daughter's beautiful silver hair, for them to shoot a harpoon on her chest. Merely a girl, Persephone's life had been taken by cold blood and I simply watched, unable to do anything to spare her of that cruel fate.

I ran towards her, hugging her tightly in my arms and crying, trying to understand what had just happened.

"Persephone! Persephone — W-What happened?!" I called out to her, stuttering my words, as my hands tried to find something to do, trying to save her life, to no avail.

I clung my palms to the base of the harpoon. I took it; the cold metal made my body tense, as I recognized that, no matter what I did, my daughter would be taken by death's embrace — and I could only help that Death was merciful enough to give my young daughter a gentle existence beyond that world; one that Persephone could lay in cloth made out of cotton, wear all the gold and jewelry she'd ever want, and to always have a full stomach with the most delectable of foods.

I wept desperately. "M-Mommy will take care of this, dear — I... I will take care of this!" I regret saying those words; I regret ever lying to my daughter, but perhaps I was lying to myself. I watched her with wide eyes, trying to quell the blood with my own clothes, to no avail. Her body had been perforated by that despicable weapon, that still stank with the smell of raw fish, liquor and sea salt.

"M-Mommy..." Her voice was weak, the light already fading from her eyes. There was nothing I could do. "Mommy... What happened?... This hurts, please stop it!" She screamed, almost.

"Shhh, Darling. It's going to be okay." I told her, the realization that my daughter would be gone, finally sinking in. My body bowed on top of her weak figure, as she laid in my laps, watching me worriedly. She was too young, probably not even realizing that death was approaching. I cried desperately as my voice echoed through the woods. My face was red and warm; I did not bother to clear the drops that rolled down my cheeks, and did not care for the ugly expression I had, that most certainly wouldn't be considered 'lady-like.'

I was losing my only daughter, the only memory I had left, that my husband even existed; If I wasn't allowed to cry and express my pain, then I was sure I'd die from a broken heart right then and there.