"No, l wanted to leave it alone. Falco wanted to take it to the shelter, or at least get it some water"

Reiner was still confused.

"I laughed at him"

*****************************************************
"A little odd she laughed seeing as she likes animals..." Bertholdt said.

"It wasn't the rescue part it was the water part, she laughed at me because she said cats can't drink water, they only drink milk"

Bertholdt couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Yeah sometimes Gabi isn't the sharpest tool in the shed"

"And she doesn't like to be wrong either" Falco said putting his head in his hands.

***************************************************
"You got mad because he corrected you?"

"Not exactly, but Reiner I am know cats drink milk, I see it in the cartoons" Gabi said wiping her eyes.

"I mean yeah sometimes but water it's probably best for a cat. I hope you aren't planning on getting one in the future..."

Gabi started crying again.

His eyes widened, he had her somewhat calm, and now he was scratching his head at what he said wrong.

**************************************************
"So she didn't get that mad at being wrong, so what happened?"

"Well I told Gabi that she shouldn't get a cat in her future. Some how she took that as me trying to break up with her"

Bertholdt leaned back against the kitchen counter. "You know Gabi has a gold medal in mental gymnastic, but some of that stems from losing her parents back in middle school. She's had a similar fear that me and Reiner were going to leave her at some orphanage because we were getting married."

Falco's face fell. "That explains why she was so anxious about you guys getting married, and..."

"You see it now, it may seem kinda silly but it made her feel like you didn't want a future with her. Which I will say as seniors in high school, it's ok to not think that far ahead."

"I know and that's why what I did next probably ruined any chance at that"

***************************************************
"He said 'that's really cool'" Gabi sobbed. "I told him I loved him and that's what he said"

Gabi buried her head into her knees crying.

"Gabi...um did you just kinda blurt it out to him"

Gabi looked up, her eyes wet and red. "Maybe..."

Reiner let out a sigh. "Gabi did I ever tell you about the first time Bertholdt told me
He loved me?"

Gabi shook her head.

"We were about your age or so..."

**************************************************
"I had known for a while, but was too scared to say anything to him. Was scared he wouldn't feel the same way or I was saying it too soon. But I thought I would make a big romantic thing out of it, but one night that all changed"

"Was a cat involved?" Falco asked.

Bertholdt laughed, "no, but Mario Kart was, Reiner and I were playing and we finally beat rainbow road and in my excitement..."

****************************************************
"He just shouts it out" Reiner said laughing. 'F*ck yeah Reiner, I love you'

"And you know what I did?"

Gabi shook her head.

"I called him a idiot, thought he was joking, and if not I didn't know how to react"

Gabi sniffled. "Well that's because you're an idiot."

Reiner rolled his eyes. "Not the point. Anyways it started a huge fight. Bertholdt leaving in tears. We didn't talk for two days"

***************************************************
"So what happened?"

"Well once Reiner had sometime to work out his feelings and really process what I said. He showed up at my house two days later with my favorite candy. He kissed me right on my front porch, really pissed my homophobic neighbors off, and told me he loved me too."

Falco looked at his hands.

"Now that you have had a some time to think things over...do you know how you feel?"

Falco let out a sigh, a slow smile creeping across his face.

**************************************************
Gabi and Reiner heard a car pull away.

"I'm guessing Falco had to make curfew."
Gabi said sadly. "I hate the idea of the night ending with us mad at each other"

"Maybe it's good to give him space, let him collect his thoughts like Bertholdt did with me"

Gabi let out a heavy sigh. "I guess so"

"Well how about we go down stairs and make some hot chocolate?" Reiner suggested standing up.

He offered Gabi his hand.

"As long as we have enough whipped cream" Gabi said.

The two made their way down stairs into the kitchen. "Bert?"

No answer.

"Maybe he drove Falco home?" Gabi suggested.

"Guess so" Reiner said reaching into the fridge for milk.

About 20 minutes later Gabi and Reiner were on the couch, mugs in hands, watching Rush Hour when the back door opened.

"Guess Bert's home" Reiner said.

"Gabi Braun!"

Gabi set her mug down and stood up to see Falco standing their holding a bag of cool ranch Doritos and flowers that looked fresh picked from the Reiner and Bertholdt's garden.

"Falco...."

"Gabi...I know we are young, and I'm sorry if I hurt you by laughing, I just wasn't expecting that, but Gabi....I love you too"

Gabi stood stunned for a bit. Then her face broke out into a grin.

"Falco!" She rushed into his arms. "I.."

Falco cut her off with a kiss.

After a few moments Reiner cleared his throat.

The pair were red in the face.

"So what's with the Doritos?" Gabi asked with a giggle.

"Well I got some advice that I should bring you your favorite treat, and since you don't have that big of a sweet tooth"

Gabi laughed and kissed Falco again.

"I love you Gabi"

"I love you too Falco"

Stay tuned for the epilogue