Chapter 17: A Heartfelt Proposal

I stood nervously outside Rose's father's big white mansion, clutching a bouquet of beautiful flowers in my hands. I took a deep breath, gathering the courage to pour out my heart to the woman I had loved for so long. As Rose opened the door, her eyes widened in surprise at the sight of me standing there with the flowers.

"Ethan?" she exclaimed, a mix of curiosity and anticipation in her voice.

I cleared my throat, my heart pounding with both fear and excitement. "Rose," I began, my voice filled with emotion, "I've carried these feelings for you for a long time, and today, I can't hold them back any longer."

Rose's expression softened, and she looked at me with genuine interest. "What is it, Ethan?" she asked, her voice gentle and encouraging.

Taking a step closer, I held out the bouquet, my eyes locked with hers. "These flowers," I said, my voice filled with sincerity, "they represent the beauty and depth of my feelings for you. Rose, you are the most incredible person I've ever known. Your strength, compassion, and the way you always put others before yourself—it has captivated me from the very beginning."

Rose's eyes glistened with a mixture of surprise and curiosity, urging me to continue.

"Ethan," she whispered, her voice filled with wonder.

I took a deep breath, my voice quivering slightly with vulnerability. "I've watched you make difficult choices, like calling off the wedding, and it made me realize just how deeply I care for you. You've inspired me to be a better person—to embrace life's uncertainties with courage and authenticity."

I paused, gathering my thoughts. "Rose, I love you," I confessed, each word carrying the weight of my emotions. "I love your laughter, your kindness, and the way you light up a room. I want to be the one who supports you, who shares in your dreams and aspirations. I want to be the person who wakes up every morning knowing that I get to spend my life with you."

Rose stood there, her eyes reflecting a mix of surprise, joy, and vulnerability. I looked at her, my heart laid bare before her.

"Ethan," she finally whispered, her voice filled with tenderness, "I had no idea."

I continued, my voice filled with determination. "Rose, I want to spend forever with you. Will you marry me?"

In that moment, time seemed to stand still as Rose took in my heartfelt declaration. Emotions washed over her, and tears of happiness gathered in her eyes.

"Yes, Ethan," she finally said, her voice filled with love and certainty. "Yes, a thousand times, yes."

We embraced, our hearts entwined in a joyous celebration of our love and the promise of a future together.