Episode 11

Initiated Assault

The Following Morning

Everyone was gathered inside Le Renard Noir as usual, mainly regarding important matters and so on. Since all seven members of the Black Foxes were there, it was time to discuss what was going on.

"So," Hiro began, unsure of the meeting, "what are we here for exactly? I have a class at nine, and if I miss it, the professor's gonna chew me out. I shouldn't stay at LRN very long, Boss. There's also another class after lunch is over too."

Riki nodded. Like Hiro and most of the members in their group, he was not glad to be at the bar in the morning, especially because it was seven o'clock during that time of day. "Make it quick before I snap your neck with my bare hand."

Takuto had his archetypal, nonchalant expression plastered on his face. "I have nothing great to say about you, old man. I'm not even amazed by this myself, but Hiro's got college to attend, so why don't you treat him to some breakfast as an apology for waking his stomach and nearly ruining his artistic hands? What I'm trying to point out is that this is a waste of time and we're all busy today. Do you know any common sense or survival tactics? I don't think so. Therefore, you should let some of us go back home and sleep or something. Kenny's probably gonna be on duty today, so who cares about spending what little time we have at the moment over here in the stench you bathe in every day, when we could all be productive for a change without being dragged to..." He was at a loss as to what else to say, but it soon donned on him. Somehow. "...whatever you're trying to get to. It's just a civil thing I'm telling you to screw into your head for the millionth time in all the years I've been alive. You might want to consider it while you're still around, s'all."

Atsumu's eyes broadened. He was stunned at hearing Takuto's lecture to him but still. It was a normal moment in his household/restaurant. "H-Hey! I may be older than the rest of you all, but this is pretty harsh for my shoulders to handle! Not to mention, it's a really important matter I have to announce before you guys leave the bar."

Kenshi grinned. "You gotta admit. Takuto's correct on this since we've all got something to do before we can talk about what you're planning on revealing to us. He understands that my job as a firefighter is one of those things that's more likely to happen as a daily part of my life. The same goes for you, Boss. You look after LRN since you're the owner and it's your home. You're also one of the city elders and you attend the shopping district's meetings, but you know what? You're the boss of the group, so it isn't so bad. Anyway, I should go now. An early day is something I have to prepare for and I can't miss any more of it. See you later, though." As cool as he appeared externally, Kenshi stood up from his seat, pushed it back in and walked out of Le Renard Noir.

"Are you going to tell us what's on your mind already?" Takuto asked with the same expression he always had. Though, there may have been a chance he was just annoyed or bored. "Time's tickin' and everyone else can't possibly be here for much longer. That's why you should spill out what's in your throat, but that's gross, so give us the details, Beardface."

"You're as crude as ever, aren't you, Takkun?" the most mature-looking man commented. A smile ran across his face within the speed of light. "But I'll do what you asked and be gentle. So here goes nothing. What I've come to let you know is that I'm thinking we should go on a brand new mission tonight if everyone would like to participate in it, of course!" He was beaming with joy and glowing with it as well. "How about it?" He opened his eyes, quickly skimming the other four seated in front of the counter. "We'll all kick some ass together and beat the hell out of these knuckleheads in order to save this kind gentleman—or something like that scenario. For example, we could put in some more effort and execute some justice every now and then, just for giggles. I respect my ami Fujioka a lot, and his team's like a one-hit wonder, so I say it's about time to repay the favor."