See You in the Hall

Start from the beginning

"That's true," I agreed. I closed my eyes as Eddie continued to brush my hair with his fingers. He kissed the top of my head.

"You sure you don't want to talk about it?"

I groaned and looked up at him.

"He's a terrible person. He's scary. I never want to see him again," I answered flatly. He watched me for a beat.

"How are you feeling about it?" he asked. I felt my face twist and buried my face back into his chest.

"I'm happy to be here with you. I'm glad you were there to protect me. I don't like talking about my feelings," I snapped. He laughed and kissed my head.

"Look at you sharing so well, sweet pea," he teased. I finally smiled and got closer to him.

"I hate it," I retorted. He laughed and pulled me out of his chest.

"You're getting so good at it, though, Belle," he said quietly, ghosting my lips. I melted when he finally kissed me, and I was lost in our fervor once again.

---

I tried to pull back, but Elle pulled me right back to her, kissing me harder. I smiled into her, thrilled with how different things were now. I pressed my forehead to hers, grinning.

"Needy today, sweet pea," I teased. She blushed and shrugged.

"You know, you don't always need to comment on things," she quipped. I laughed and kissed her one more time.

"I just think you're trying to delay us going inside," I retorted. She sighed and set her head in the crook of my neck. I loved it when she did that.

"I just want to go back to being in bed," she admitted. I grinned and kissed the side of her face.

"We will go right back to it tonight," I assured her. She groaned and wrapped her arms around me.

"You promise he won't come back?" she asked meekly. I felt my heart catch and pulled her tighter to me.

"If he does, I'll kick his ass," I insisted. She sighed and pulled back. She smiled nervously.

"Okay. I trust you," she replied. I grinned and kissed her softly. She sighed and brushed my hair out of my face. "Are you excited to perform tonight?"

"Definitely," I said. I winked at her. "I've got a pretty big crush on the stage manager, so I'm hoping she's impressed enough to let me get in her pants tonight."

"Oh, my God, you are a pervert!" she squawked as she pulled away and got out of my van.

I laughed and clambered out, racing around to scoop her up into my arms. She giggled as I peppered the side of her face with kisses, leaning further into me. Nick was outside of the Hideout, smoking a cigarette like usual. He finished it and blew a plume of smoke out.

"Do you answer your phone, like, ever?" he sniped at Elle. She shrugged as we walked past him.

"You called, like, twice," Elle retorted, mimicking his voice like he hated. He followed us, underfoot.

"I was just checking in on you," Nick snapped, unamused with Elle's impersonation of him. I kissed her temple and she keened into my touch.

"I'm fine, I'm sorry for missing your calls. Eddie took care of me," she replied as she stepped behind the bar. I felt a wave of pride at her comment – she had said it so casually, so off the cuff. I had taken care of her. She trusted me.

"Oh, did he?" Nick teased, his voice becoming a singsong. Elle groaned.

"I am surrounded by perverts," Elle hissed, setting the glasses on the counter.