[Ch- 0: Prologue]

"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart."

Marcus Aurelius

{~~~~~~~~~~~~}

((Y/n)'s P.O.V)

Okay, so to start things off, I just wanted to say that my adventure didn't begin with anything exciting, or nerve-racking, or anything that involved action. No. My story began with me...lying on the ground... Yep, you heard that right. That's how my story began; With me unconscious.

The sunlight was the first thing that broke through my closed eyelids and I woke up with a gasp. Almost immediately, I shut my eyes again and blocked out the sun that made my eyes hurt. My head was throbbing, I felt like I got hit by a truck. I groaned at the pain as I tried to find the strength to get up. It took me a few moments, but I finally managed to open my eyes again.

I lifted up my head up exhaustively and was surprised to notice my surroundings. I was in a lush, green forest with trees so high that I couldn't see the top. Huh. This was...strange to say the least. Where was I? How did I get here? How long was I unconscious for?

"H-huh? W-where am I?" I questioned myself as a examined my surroundings. My head was spinning with questions as I tried to make sense of what was going on. But my mind couldn't find any reasonable explanations.

I slowly got up and then felt a tug a my back, I turned my head and noticed a familiar red bag hanging on my back with black straps wrapped around my arms.

"Oh! My bag!" Maybe my phone can help me figure out where I was, after all, it does have a GPS! Or google maps might work too! Either way, I didn't care! With renewed vigor, I quickly unstrapped the bag from me and went to open in up...but something caught my eye that made me freeze in place...my arm...

My arm...had a strange pattern to it...and it had a different color to it as well. And I didn't feel like I had skin anymore. It felt like...fur... Wait a minute...FUR!?!? Instinctively, I reached out my other hand to feel the fluffiness that now belonged to my arm, which confirmed my theory, but I immediately regretted it because when my eyes came to my hand...it wasn't even a hand anymore. It looked more like a...PAW!? My hand wasn't even a hand anymore!

I pulled back, looking at both my hands as I realized that something was wrong...like, really wrong!

"A-ah! My hands! What's wrong with my hands!?"

I was starting to freak out! I couldn't figure out what was going on. But then...I came to a realization. In fear, hoping that I was somehow wrong, I went into my bag and grabbed my phone. I opened it and went into my camera, shutting my eyes tightly. I prayed that I would just see my face...my normal...human...face...and not see something else entirely. I took a deep breath and flipped the camera to selfie mode, my eyes still tightly shut. Okay...don't freak out...this is probably just a dream,...or you are probably just hallucinating...yeah, yeah that sounds about right Just...take a deep breath and count to three...

Inhale...exhale...

...1...

Inhale...exhale...

...2...

Inhale...exhale...

...3...!

I opened my eyes, hoping that I would just see myself and nothing else...I did not see that. Instead of seeing the face of a human child in my camera...I instead saw...what looked like to be some kind of...jaguar and macaw...hybrid? With wings!? I have no idea...but I would figure it out later. Instead right now, I did the only thing any rational person would do in this kind of situation.