No matter what

Third Person POV

June 14th, 1941

Something moved among the bushes in the garden. Peter quickly turned around a little concerned, but soon enough relaxed as he saw a small lizard running on the grass and soon he heard all familiar voice...
" Grünnie, you have to learn how to be discreet." Lisa whisper-shouted. Soon , the blond- haired girl precked her head up from the bushes and crawled out of there. The lizard climbed up onto her shoulder.
" Sissi..!" Peter exclaimed softly, but happily. He helped her up, taking her hands into his. " I am so glad you made it..."
" As I always do since last year..."
She giggled.
" Are you sure no one saw you either?
" Nope. Mama went to visit auntie Olga, but auntie Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia will be there as well, so I suppose she will not be back very soon.." He chuckled." And papa went out for some meeting with German ambassador..."
"Wait! You do realize that it is my sister Stephanie, right?"
" Huh? She still did not get over it?"
" Nope. She still wants to get her way with your father..."
" Sorry, but this will never happen. Papa and mama love each other more than any other couple ,I know. Sometimes, it's getting a little tiring..."
" What do you mean?"
" My grandparents act the same, too."
" Lucky generations, wich found true love..." Lisa sighed dreamily. " I wish, I could find one,too..."
" Girls..." He rolled his eyes playfully. " You are the same as my sisters...."
" I take it as a compliment ~" She smirked and Peter shrugged. " Take it as you want to..." They both laughed, sitting on the bench, unaware that it was the very same spot, where [Y/N] and Alexei used to sit so often, even as little children since 1912...

Lisa gazed up into the night sky, as the soft sigh of sadness escaped her mouth. She squeezed her eyes shut to stop herself from tearing up, wich did not remain unnoticed by Peter.
" What's the metter? Are you all right?"
" Yes... It's just that..." She sighed softly once again."Our countries are enemies... We can't see each other..."
" Because Stephanie says so?"
" No... I just don't want something bad to happen to us...To you..." She looked into his eyes and he smiled gently. In that moment Lisa realized how similar his smile is to the tsarina's. Practically the same...
" Can I ask you for one thing?"
" Depends on what is it."
" Stop blaming yourself for what Nazi are doing.
" Easy to say..."
" I know, but at least try...
" I'll try." She smiled sadly. " But it's not so simple to do..." She stopped talking as they heard a music played on guitar.
" What is it?" The girl asked quietly, not wanting to disturb the sound.
" It's my good friend, Manolo. Carla's son. As a half -Mexican, he wants to become a professional mariachi. He practice every little while he can."
" Now, that's a person with passion..." She nodded." He plays beautifully..."

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Manolo : Dios, I am humble for tonight I understand that no one's blood is ever meant to decorate this Earth... Your Son had suffered for us, now I'm standing before you... I offer an apology and one long overdue ~

I am sorry... I am truly sorry... Hear my song and know I sing the truth. Although we were bred to fight, we all reach for You and Your help tonight...
You showed how to forgive, showed if one can forgive, love can truly live... You showed how to forgive and if one can forgive, love can truly live...

They looked at each other, wondering if the singer chose this specific number on propose... No, wait! He did not know, they were going to meet here tonight... No one knew...

Manolo : Yes, I may be frightened, but I'll use my final breath, to tell my foe I'm sorry, before I am one with death... What for is all this agony, or tears, or bloody scent? I pray that very soon the senseless killing ends...