Back Together

Five years had swiftly passed, and Eiko had reached the tender age of thirteen. Her sisters, on the other hand, had matured into the ages of twenty-six, twenty-three, twenty, and seventeen.

With a heavy heart, Eiko poured her thoughts into her diary:

"Dear Diary,

It has been an eternity since I last exchanged words with my beloved sisters. I must confess, a part of me yearns for their presence... in a way. Perhaps it is time to mend the broken bonds that have kept us apart for far too long.

What say you, dear Diary?"

Eiko closed her diary, allowing her pen to rest upon the desk, and ventured out of her chamber.

"Hello?" she called out tentatively.

In an instant, she found herself enveloped in the warm embrace of her sisters.

"Oh, Eiko," Akino whispered, her voice filled with both tears and elation. "We have longed for your return!"

Gen chimed in, her voice tinged with concern. "For the past five years, you have only emerged from your sanctuary to nourish yourself or cleanse your weary body."

Curiosity sparked within Kazuko's eyes as she inquired, "Pray tell, dear sister, how did you endure?"

Hika remained silent, her emotions too overwhelming to express in words. Eiko gazed upon her, witnessing a solitary teardrop cascading down her cheek as she clung tightly to Eiko, their reunion a balm for their wounded souls.

"Friends?" Eiko's voice trembled, breaking the silence that hung heavy in the air.

Akino turned to her, curiosity etched on her face. "Yes?" she replied cautiously.

"I... I'm sorry," Eiko's voice quivered, her eyes welling up with tears. "I'm sorry for the battles we waged against each other all those years ago. I was consumed by anger and immaturity... and I deeply regret it."

The sisters exchanged glances, their hearts softening. In a harmonious chorus, they spoke as one, "We forgive you, dear Eiko."

In that moment, Eiko felt a warmth she hadn't experienced in years. The embrace tightened, binding their hearts together, even as they eventually released their hold.

Akino leaned in, her voice barely a whisper. "Eiko, you have now reached the threshold of adulthood."

Eiko's eyes widened, confusion clouding her features. "What do you mean?" she asked, her voice tinged with anticipation.

"It is time for you to learn the truth," Akino revealed, her voice filled with a mix of solemnity and excitement. "Eiko, you are no ordinary being... you are the youngest princess of the illustrious planet Zo."

Eiko gasped, her lips curling into a radiant smile. All her life, she had been unaware of her royal lineage, but now, in this moment, she felt a surge of significance and purpose.