14: The Best Type Of Evil

Start from the beginning

"Ok that's fine," Ana replied obviously buying the lie. It was then the wolves could be hear, howling to show some time of the day. "Oh shit what's the time?"

"3:30, you've just missed first break," Lesso sighed with relief of the change of subject. Ana was gutted she missed another change to eat food. She was just thankful she ate that poster. I- I mean... haha what poster? Anyway... Lesso asked "Who's class are you in?"

"I don't know," Ana pulled out the absolutely useless pieces of paper, well now it was. The mud had completely ruined it. It was now paper mush with a hint of dirt. "I don't really have a schedule,"

"Looks like you have Yuba," Lesso started as a scroll disappeared suddenly. Ana looked at her confused.

"Can I get another schedule? And possibly a new uniform?" Ana asked the Dean looking down at her ruined uniform.

"Come to my detention tonight and I will supply you with a new uniform and schedule," Lesso demanded as she picked up the pace back over the bridge and to the other castle. The harsh autumn winds blew past them as the coldness hit Ana like a sword. The mud was still drying and was turning into a freezing mess.

"How am I supposed to know what I have next?" Ana replied

"You have a break, history of evil and then dinner, happy?" Lesso said not looking back at Ana. She followed the dean and expected her to go back into the school but no. She goes around the school and towards the Evil's entrance go the forest. A class was stood there. 5 Evers and 4 Nevers. They all stood with a short gnome. Orange hat, green overalls, a small wooden staff and a long white moustache. Lesso dragged you over as if she was more angry. She then said for everyone to hear "We will talk about this later. Do you understand?"

Ana silently nodded as Lesso shoved her forward towards the group. The Dean then retreated back to her class that was waiting for her. Ana approached the group as the small gnome stood there and grumpily looking up at his new students.

"Welcome to surviving a fairy tale!" He yelled to get everyone's attention "This lesson will be the only one you mix with Evers and Nevers. This does not mean you can harm, kill or threaten each other. That is what your tales in the Blue Forest is for. Some won't even make it to the forest, depending on your rankings, which will start next week,"

Rankings? We get ranked? Ana thought as she continued to listen to her teacher... or gnome. Ana looked around the group to see faces she knew. She saw Chris standing near Jay with Raven behind them. Chris stood with her hands crossed in a defensive position while Jay looked around absolutely disgusted. Raven admired the view of the mossy gates and the smell of the fresh autumn air.

Then there were two new faces she hadn't encountered yet. There were two identical twins stood next to each other, deadly still with their hands by their sides. Ana had seen them around the school but never encountered them properly. They were pale as anything. They had actually painted their faces with white face paint and one had a heart outlined around their left eye and the other had a diamond. They both had red heart like lips and a ridiculous amount of blush. It was almost as if they attempted to be clowns. It was then they noticed Ana was staring at them both. They both moved their heads in sync, creepily, to Ana. No emotion of their faces.

Ana forced a smile hoping they'd turn the other way again. They didn't. They stared. They didn't blink, move or even breathe.

"Cora! Hubert! Pay attention," Yuba called out as the twins both turned at the same time. They now focused their attention onto the gnome. The gnome continued to talk as Ana looked around to spot the Evers. No one she'd known.

One had braving blonde hair with bold brown streaks. It was a shoulder length and as Ana watched he moved it out of his eyes. His eyes were a pure green colour and his freckled face glowed even when it wasn't sunny. He stood in his green Evers uniform for boys. Long green trousers, black polished shoes, green jacket and a white shirt. His sword hung on his right side as his smile just shone. He was actually adorable, very innocent, too innocent. One of the people who would sadly turn into a Mogrif if he didn't study hard. Not the smartest of brains in things like this. His name. Apollo.

The boy standing next to him had short thick brown hair and stood up tall. He had a more smug look upon his face as he looked at the Nevers across the room. His eyes were a pale blue, no where near as striking as Apollo's but they framed his face well. His skin was tanned and it made his uniform compliment him. It wasn't green, it was blue. It was the same trousers and jacket just in a different colour. Everything else was the same. His sword hung on his right side as well, but unlike Apollo he kept his right hand on top of his sword. Almost waiting for the Nevers to act out or try to attack. He looked at them as if they were a disease. The boys name was Rudy.

Two girls stuck together like glue as how scared they were of the Nevers. One had mad red wavy hair that was in a half up half down sort of updo. Her eyes were two different colours. One was a fiery orange and the other was a bright pink. She wore a mix of purple, blue and green with strips. It was a shorter dress then the rest her jacket had a black and white lining as shown by the rolled up sleeves. The outside of the jacket was a felt like purple that was mid arm length. The dress had a green bodice with a blue patterned skirt. Her gloves were cut up white things that were frilly towards the wrist. Her tights were black and white stripes and had holes in them. A small hat was placed upon her head as Ana looked at her clown like makeup. Purple and green eyeshadow, massive lashes, white face and a pink lip. She kept looking between the twins and the gnome in front of them. As she was Alyssa the Mad Hatters daughter and she feared the Queen of hearts children who stood inches from her.

The girl stood in front of Alyssa who looked like she felt protective of the girl. She brought forward the small dagger strapped to her waist. She held her hood up through the harsh winds. Her cloak was blood red and lined with wolf fur. The fur looked like it had been passed down past a couple of generations as you could see the clock had ages a bit. The girl was much shorter then Alyssa but stood to protect her. Her face looked no where near as scared as her friend but she feared the Nevers as much as her friend. Her dress was also shorter then the other princesses and she also wore black tights. Her long black hair was in long braid to the left of her shoulder. Her blue eyes darted from the other group the teacher. She was Scarlett.

The other boy was separated from the group. One of which Jayed eyed up and exchanged very mixed signal messages from each other them. The boy had slightly darker skin then Jay and was was more toned then her friend. His green eyes were pure and bright and made his eyes pop. Along with his eyes he, like Apollo, had a green uniform. His arms were crossed as his eyes didn't leave Jay's and from an outside perspective you couldn't tell what for. Probably for the wrong reasons. The boy was named Naveen, Naveen the second.

"-Forest group lessons can be the most dangerous lessons you experience in your school life. So please try not to die when we go into the forest as we prepare you for your Trial by tale competitions," Yuba continued as Ana came back and started listening again "I hope you all listened to that health and safety information because your going to need it. To the forest! Now, someone tell me what this is,"

He pointed to a flower that was pretty and a baby pink colour. It was a perfect pansy and there were bushes upon bushes of them.

"Erm they're flowers," Apollo called out laughing with Rudy

"Yes, would care to pick one Mr. Fitzherbert," Yuba said gesturing to the flowers upon the bushes. Apollo laughed and rolled his eyes as he walked towards the bush. He examined it carefully and locked eyes with the most perfect one. Perfect to give to a princess in the group. He went to pick it and the flowers mouth opened up to reveal hundreds of sharp and jagged teeth in no particular lines. The flower hissed back at the boy as he quickly moved his hand from the flower. It was then the others joined in and it bit one of the twins on their right arm. Everyone waited for a reaction bug there was none.

"What the fuck is that? It almost hit my hand off," Apollo complained to the gnome. Chris laughed at his reaction "What's so funny, Never?"

"And I thought she was dramatic," Chris continued to laugh "Evers really don't know much do they. No wonder we need this stupid class,"

"Christina!" Yuba yelled and Chris stopped talking "You see, boy, this is why you have to be careful with all that appear good. As the best evil disguise itself as good. While you are in the woods after your third year you ca-,"

Ana zoned out and had a sudden thought. Maybe Lady Lesso is right, maybe it is just a spirit. It looked evil so it could be good, with his logic that is. She became to think more and more That can't be true... Evil is evil and good is good. Nothing changes that. Surely...