"Did he shout at you?"

Khushi nodded yes.

"He said he would call the police if I told anyone about our previous birth story" She cried.

Lavanya felt bad for her. Something was terribly wrong. Sonia and Sheetal intentionally would have done that. She didn't know what they would gain by making others cry. She sighed.

In the meanwhile, NK came to the Programming section. He saw Arnav sitting, pressing his head.

"Why are you losing your temper easily ASR? Can't you understand people influencing you easily? You are looking weak, man"

"I don't know why you react that way... don't you know about Sonia and Sheetal? They won't let anyone be happy and peaceful" Said Priyanka.

"Hello, madam, why are you interfering in other's matter? Can't you just mind your business?" Ranjith asked.

"Before advising something to someone, you try to follow it. If YOU(stressing) mind your business, this office would be peaceful" Priyanka said heatedly.

NK frowned as he didn't understand what was going on there. He came to Aman and sat next to him, looking at him questioningly.

"Is everything all right? Nannav looks tense and presses his head. Khushi's face looked pale and said she had a headache..."

Aman blinked his eyes and Arnav got stuck. He saw her crying.

"What is she doing?" Aman asked.

"She looked stressed. I left the place because she may want to share it with Lavanya"

"ASR shouted at her"

"Why?"

"He misunderstood her... somebody made him misunderstand her"

"Oh... that's why she cried?" NK asked even though he didn't see her crying.

"Yes," Aman said and NK was shocked. That means, she REALLY cried.

NK stood up.

"What?"

"I came to get my doubt cleared. The situation doesn't seem favor... I will come later" NK came to the second floor.

He saw Lavanya gesturing for Khushi about his arrival. Khushi wiped her face. NK came and sat on his seat.

"I don't know from whom I can get my doubt cleared" NK murmured.

Khushi looked at him plainly.

"Actually, I went to our section to clear my doubt from Nananv but he looked sad. I don't think he would help me. even though he is ready to help me, I can't take it" NK said.

"Why?"

"It's because I don't want to disturb him as he is already disturbed," he said.

Khushi was silent.

"He is like that, Khushi. He shouts at me, and scolds me but gets cool the very next second, and becomes casual"

Khushi was silently looking at him as she didn't know why he told her about how Arnav would behave.

"He genuinely regrets if we are not at fault" NK added.

Khushi blinked her eyes slowly.

"Don't feel bad, Khushi. He just MISUNDERSTOOD you and scolded you. I'm sure he will never do it again"

Khushi's eyes tear up swiftly.

"Please don't cry..."

Khushi wiped her cheek and smiled. Yet, tears rolled down again.

"You know what, Khushi? There is an advantage of being Nananv's friend. We can HIT him as much as we want when he is guilty"

Khushi frowned.

"Yeah, one time, he shouted at me for missing an important program Pen Drive. But, it was in his table drawer only. He pushed it in it while taking a file, it seems. He apologized to me but I purposely didn't talk to him. He asked me to hit him if I wanted it"

"Did you hit him?" She asked seriously.

"How would I hit him? He is my friend after all. I could do nothing without him. He is a nice person, Khushi. He shouts if he is angry or tense but he won't keep a grudge in his heart. Mark my words, from hereafter, he won't scold you for any reason"

Khushi smiled.

"Even if you irritate him..." NK laughed and Khushi chuckled.

"Nice... I don't like my friends' sad faces. Be cheerful..." He smiled.

More than Khushi, Lavanya was impressed with NK. She liked the way he handled Khushi. NK gave the water bottle.

"Wipe your face"

Khushi did that and asked,

"What doubt do you have?"

"The one our company is recently working on. Arnav wants me to complete my part but it makes me dizzy..."

"Give it to me... I will try to clear it" She said in a croaky voice.

"Will you?"

"I will try"

NK turned the computer screen towards her. Khushi saw that. She scrolled the program, keenly giving it a look.

"Don't know why I could not bring the output"

"It's because you applied a wrong command here" Khushi pointed it out and corrected it. The next second the program gave the right output.

"Here is the output," She said.

"Wow... you are a genius Khushi..."

Khushi smiled.

"I don't know how to thank you"

"You do not need to thank me because you are a good friend"

NK smiled.

"Go to your seat Khushi"

"Not now... after some time"

He nodded ok. Sitting with NK, Khushi discussed the project Arnav was working on. NK explained to her what he knew about it. Khushi understood it as the information she gained from NK was enough for her. She didn't go to the section but stayed on the second floor.

On the other side, Arnav became restless as Khushi didn't come to her seat. He knew she was hurt. He behaved brutally with her. He shouted in front of everyone. He insulted her. Aman was right. He was getting influenced easily these days. It was because he knew somebody was waiting to see his downfall. They were even ready to pull him down by doing anything. Recently, Ranjith was irritating him a lot. He was struggling to tackle them.

Arnav could not concentrate on his work. He did nothing till the lunch break.

"ASR, let's go to the canteen" Aman called him.

"You go... I'm not coming"

"Why?"

"I'm not hungry"

"ASR..."

"Please Aman..."

Aman sighed and left the place. Everyone went for lunch and Arnav closed his eyes, leaning on the seat.

Khushi came to the section to take her tiffin box. She advanced her desk without making a noise. Yet, Arnav opened his eyes and saw her. he stood up from his seat and called her.

"Khushi,"

Khushi looked at him plainly. Her face looked pale and her eyes red which made him feel bad.

"I'm sorry... I shouted at you, misunderstanding you"

"It's me who should be sorry. I should not have told anyone about MY story. I was in excitement when I found you. In that excitement, I failed to realize the outcome of the problem. I'm really sorry, I hurt you" She said gulping down. Her eyes tear up while saying that. She left the place, leaving Arnav in guilt.

To be continued...