Chapter 4: The child is broke

Start from the beginning

"Come on we are making her some food," John stated and took his friend into the kitchen.

Abbie watched Sherlock leave the room the looked at Mary and tilted her head to the side.

"Gone," Abbie stated and pointed in the direction Sherlock and John went.

Mary smiled. "He's coming back in a minute, he's getting you some food," She told her.

The toddler looked at the baby then back at Mary and pressed her index finger to her lips. "Shush," She whispered.

Mary laughed lightly. "It's okay she's used to a lot of noise, your Daddy is always shouting about something when he comes over," She explained.

Abbie seemed to frown at the word 'Daddy'. "Huh?" She asked.

The word seemed alien to the toddler, like it was never spoken to her.

Mary picked up the little girl and carried her into the kitchen where John and Sherlock where making Jam sandwiches. Sherlock glanced at Abbie seeing that she had completely calmed down and gave her a small smile.

"Have we settled down now?" Sherlock asked her.

Abbie crossed her arms causing the Watson's to laugh. "Yeah she is so your daughter," John told him and picked up the plate full of sandwiches then placed then on the table. "Sit with her and get her to eat the food."

Sherlock sighed and took Abbie off Mary. He sat her on a chair then he sat next to her and gently pushed the plate towards her, Abbie looked the at sandwiches then picked one up looking it over, she raised her arms and held it towards Sherlock's face.

"I'm not hungry," Sherlock told her.

Abbie's arm didn't move. "No," She said and pouted.

"Be a good role model and eat the sandwich," John mumbled and put his hand over his face.

Sherlock sighed and took a bite out of the sandwich. "Very nice, now Abbie's going to have some," He told her.

The toddler giggled and ate the sandwich happily, Sherlock stared at his daughter... Did that really work?

Every time Abbie picked up a sandwich she would give it to Sherlock to try then she would eat it, it was like he had to check if it was alright.

After Abbie had finished her sandwich, Sherlock handed her a glass of water and as soon as she finished she dropped the glass on the floor.

Mary cleared the floor. "Right now she's feed and watered why don't you give her a bath?" She suggested.

Sherlock nodded. "Excellent idea Mary, the towels are in the cupboard next to the sink," He told her and placed the plate in the sink.

She crossed her arms. "No Sherlock you're giving your daughter a bath," She told him.

John walked in with a few boxes. "Well Mycroft has spoilt his niece," He stated and placed the boxes on the table.

Abbie stood on the chair looking at the boxes. "Look!" She stated and looked at Sherlock.

The three adults and toddler went through the boxes, they found some child shampoo, onesies and kids pull up pants. Mary dragged Sherlock and Abbie into the bathroom and started to fill the bath with water and added some bubbles.

Abbie placed her hands on the rim of the bath and looked in, watching the water slowly rise, she giggled and tried to put her hand in but Sherlock grabbed her hand.

Sherlock pulled her away from the bath. "Abbie no you will get burnt and I've had enough of you crying for one day," He told her then picked her up.