Chapter- 1 シ

*Edited*

For good reading, I would recommend using a white/black background with charter and small (not too small) writing ❤️

I promise this book is gonna get better in the end. Just wait and see, please

Narrators Pov シ

Date : 30th October 2023

Time : 10:22 pm

Location : The Turner Mansion

Lacey was in her room, doing her homework in preparation for tomorrow's exams. Which so happened to be the day of Halloween. Her phone had rung, but when she saw the caller ID, she ignored it. All that was on her mind was the exams and how much she needed to get a good grade. Just ignore it, Lacey. Just ignore it. That thought was interrupted as her best friend Bella had just burst through her bedroom door.

Bella was a funny girl, that's why she's Lacey's best friend. They had been friends since they were in 5th grade, but that didn't mean they wouldn't fight. Bella had curly ginger hair with dark blue eyes. She always wore her hair down to where her curls just rested on top of her shoulders, and her orange freckles spread across her pale cheeks.

"Jesus!, are you crazy?! you could have at least knocked before coming in, I could have been naked for crying out loud!" Lacey yelled as she shuffled out of her bed and began closing her notebook to where Bella couldn't peek at the answers because Lacey knew she would ask for them later.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at home with Ryan?" Lacey asked. Ryan was Bella's little brother. Annoying? yes, but he was the cutest boy and kindest boy you would ever meet. He had curly ginger hair with the same dark blue eyes, orange ginger freckles, and pale white skin.  Bella shrugs and sits down on Lacey's bed. Half Lacey's bed was full of papers and books scattered all over the place, even the floor was a mess too.

"Eh, he's asleep with Bryce. He's staying over the night and needed a place to crash," Bella explained. Knowing how Bryce's family and where they come from, Lacey could understand why he needed a place to stay. Normally, he would stay a couple day's at her place, but since her parents are out for the month on a business trip in New York and so happened to have eyes everywhere, he couldn't stay there, so he stayed at Bella's. He still visits when he has the chance to or at least when he wants to.

"How is he, Anyway?, I haven't gotten a chance to speak to him since the incident, " Lacey asked, cleaning up her bed a bit so there's more room. "He's alright I guess, he still hasn't brought it up and I understand that" Bella looks around at Lacey's bedroom her floor was a mess, her desk was disorganized, her bed was filled with piles of paper work due for tomorrows exam. She needed to ask Lacey for the answers later as right now it wasn't important.

"Why is your room a mess? I thought you were a 'more organized' type of girl." Bella mocked what Lacey had said a few weeks ago. The conversation had started when Miah decided to bring up how messy Lacey's room was prior when they had scheduled for a sleepover that day.

"Well, if you would have used your eyes, you would have seen that I'm kind of busy," Lacey paused.

"No- sorry, was busy until you burst through my door." she put her hands on her hips and turned her head sideways, looking into Bella's dark blue eyes.

Bella rolled her eyes and put her arms up in defence. "Well, I'm sorry, Miss bossy pants. It was kind of urgent. " Bella stood up and began to walk out the door. "I guess I'll take my leave." Bella didn't turn around but knew Lacey would stop her in the sometime.

"Wait!.." Lacey yelled and sighed before sitting down and patting the spot beside her.

"What is so urgent you wanted to talk about, hm? couldn't it wait till tomorrow?...At school?" Lacey asked. Bella began to walk back to Lacey's bed. Her dark green silk covers were still covered in piles of paperwork, but it wasn't too much that if you would sit on the bed, the papers would fall. Bella sat in the spot Lacey had previously patted.