One-Shot: The Reunion

Start from the beginning

"Yes! But they are visiting this weekend and want to catch up with everyone else."

"Oh. I'll see if my schedule is clea-"

"Violet and Clementine are coming too." She went straight to the point.

The car immediately stopped before a right turn. The harsh stop jerked his body upwards. Thank God the seat belt held his body in place. He could pull over before drivers behind him beep their horns.

The sound of that name repeated repeatedly in his mind like a damaged record. When was the last time he heard her name or even saw her?

"It's crazy, man. I didn't recognize or save a few numbers on my phone. So, I asked Rudy, and she said they were Mitch's, Vi's, and Clem's."

"I-I don't know what to say." The locked-headed man stuttered. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. While thinking, he realized it had been six years since he had seen her. He met her when she transferred to his middle school, and they had been friends since high school. Louis eagerly confessed to her in high school, and she excitedly reciprocated them.

As bitter and sweet as the relationship was, she had to move to Florida in her senior year. That day, Clementine ended the three-year relationship that they had together. It broke his heart at the time because he felt like she was his world. They had lost touch since they were going through many changes with their family, and she changed her number. It was hard to find someone amazing and kind-hearted like her. She read him like a book and pushed him to be his best version. Even when it came to music, she encouraged him to pursue his passion.

At the age of twenty-four, he remained single. Sure. He had his share of fun and mingled, but they were short-term PR relationships. He established his finances and lifestyle after climbing to the top without his father's help.

'What has she been up to?' he wondered, leaning his arms on the wheel and resting his chin on top.

"-lo! Helloooo! Louis! Are you there?!" Louis pulled away from his thoughts and answered.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I blanked out." Louis grabbed his iPhone and opened up the group chat. He skimmed through the texts to see that everyone agreed to meet at a Korean BBQ restaurant three towns over from where he lives. Then Louis saw two unfamiliar texts that were not stored in his phone. He already had Mitch's new number since the guys have their group chat to stay in touch here and there. However, Violet changed her number after a bad breakup with Minerva in college. Violet was tired of everyone's sympathy because she took it hard.

"It-It's fine. Listen... At first, I didn't want to go and see my ex. But Ruby convinced me... So, here I am..drinking like a loser."

"Damn. Now I don't want to go, but I know Ruby will convince me, too." Rudy is the sweetest of the bunch, but when anyone crosses her, she'll find a way to destroy them. It's funny to imagine how she was stuck in anger management classes with Marlon and Violet after high school. And she turned out to be a sweetheart. Marlon is still Marlon but more honest and calmer. And Violet turned out to be less sarcastic and intimidating for the most part.

"Welp. I just called to warn you."

"Thanks... I guess I'll see you there." Louis heavily signed as he merged into the street to go straight home.

"Mhmm. Hopefully, I won't catch a migraine." She chuckled. Louis shook his head with a small smile.

"Shouldn't have had a drink without me, loser." Louis scolded. The redhead chuckled.

"Hahaha. Shut up. I'll let you go. My eyes keep falling."

"Okay. Night."

"Night, man." The call ended.