Episode LV~ Escapism

Start from the beginning

The witch has bribed him with the virgin soul of a beast's bride. Earlier, he was a little reluctant and disinterested. Why? He has devoured euphoric purity before, but the twist of the said soul protected by the spirit of a beast has now posed a challenge. He never walks away from a good trial. Let's not forget, the bride is a feisty woman. She wasn't easy prey like previous ones.

Once he escapes the temple, he wouldn't see this as another job. It has become personal now.

As soon he gets his hands on that girl, he wouldn't waste time exploring her but simply chew on her bones before dragging her soul into hell. The damned beast will get crippled at the loss of a mate and would be easily killed.

The greed of vengeance burns in his lungs and the obsession immediately awakes the simmering spirit.

Hoarding the leftover energy in the pores of melting flesh, he trudges towards the iron barrier standing between him and the outside world. Each bone in the bed of air-deprived muscles- quivers and grinds, making the small journey a bothersome affair.

The moment he reaches the door, his fingers curl around the bars. As he scans the surroundings from the small opening, his eyes take in the open sky. The sun will set soon. Humming in acknowledgement, he drags his nails against the door, releasing a scratchy sound.

The sudden disturbance in the calm atmosphere startles the two guards stationed at the base of the Temple. One of them looks up at the door, and curses watching the sickly-looking man grinning and drooling at them wickedly.

"Ignore him. The king has asked to not interact with the crazy bastard." Manjeet Singh, the recruit warns and his fellow mate, Ryan D'Souza nods.

The possessed man releases a guttural laugh at the mortals pretending to not be scared even when the fear of the unknown exuded from them in gallons. No wonder his dishevelled appearance has rubbed them in a wrong way. They were believers and somewhere knew that this wasn't normal. Their sanity clashes with their unconscious. They could sense the danger uncoiling in the holy sanctum with their back turned toward it.

"Ryaaannn..."

The demon sang making the young man go stiff. A loud chatter of teeth follows next. The two men gulped. The situation surpassed the conditions listed in their employment contract. The senior guard- Jamshed behind the door was their mentor not a few days ago.

"How is your pretty little wife?"

Ryan gulps at the mention of his woman and clenches his jaw.

"Hmm... what a beauty! She looks exceptionally mouthwatering in that red lacy lingerie of hers. But the crotchless panties took the cake. Let's discuss the black brassiere. The vixen bought it two sizes small, knowing well it would fail to contain that massive rack of hers. Those big balloons." The demon licks his lip and gasps in lust. His hand rubs his crotch through his pants as he watches Ryan going pale. He was simply attacking the poor man's memories. The most private and vulnerable ones.

"Uhh... how erotic! The way they bounce as she rides, screaming and writhing..."

Before he could finish the sentence, Ryan rushed to the temple's stairs and grabbed his throat.

"Shut up!"

The demon rotates his tongue in his mouth lewdly and releases sexual noises.

"Let me tell you how tight she feels..." He offered only for Rayan to punch him in the nose through the bars and yell profanities. Manjeet quickly neared his friend and tried to pull him back.

"OH JENNA!" The demon moans the wife's name loudly while rubbing his crotch for the onlookers. It was enough for Ryan to push Manjeet away and open the latch on the iron door. Murder rides his head as he breaks into the temple, ready to wring that thick neck of Jamshed.

But as soon as he enters, finds no one. The chamber was empty. A confused frown marred between his brows, wondering where the retarded man go. His eyes skimmed every corner. The idol of god sat in silence. Manjeet ran into the temple and looked around as lost.

"Where did he go?" the latter asked.

"I... I don't know. He was right here."

As they were speculating, forgetful of the warnings of their superiors and the looming danger, the possessed Jamshed who was cemented to the ceiling all this time, cunningly smiled, before dropping on poor Ryan's shoulders. The added weight of the otherworldly creature to the giant man, sends the young guard tumbling on the floor. Ryan's skull collides with the ground so hard, that Manjeet swore it sounded similar to breaking a coconut. A river of blood immediately started oozing from the back of his head.

"OH GOD!" Manjeet bellowed frozen, watching the devilish man stomping on Ryan's chest with a single foot, hard enough to break the ribcage and crush the lungs beneath. A hole of Jamshed's foot size appeared in Ryan's chest as he wheezed his final breath.

Manjeet stood open-mouthed, unable to blink or look away.

Jamshed giggles at the mess and faces the other guard with delight. Before Manjeet could react, the possessed man sprang towards him and lifted the 6-foot man in midair through his throat. The guard's eyes rounded wide in sockets and he kicked helplessly. His thick arms wrapped around the demon's hold, trying to pry the grip.

The possessed man snapped his neck with a minute flick of his wrist.

Dropping the dead guard, the demon marches out of the temple like a monarch and at the last stair, steps out from his mortal suit in the form of a smoky mass of black cloud before disappearing into thin air, leaving nothing but chaos in his wake.

After the dance of death, when the reapers came, left empty-handed for there was no soul in two bodies. The demon already took what he is feared for. The last light.

In the sanctum of the lord- who destroys all sins and gives life, laid two carcasses- hollow and forsaken.