"Whatever", she could feel him roling his eyes, "we got the pendrive. What should we do with them?", he asks as if he already doesn't know the answer.

"Burn them alive with the evidence.", She answered .

"Sure. And...",hesitation was clear in his voice.

"What is it?", She asked, leaning back, putting her weight on her arms.

"We got a call from the boss. He wants us or should I say 'you' back. From the information Kavin collected, there's a party and he wants you back to attend that party.", he says and the reply he was met with was her silence.

"We got a mail from the Chicago Mafia Family.", He said, finally catching her interest. "They wants to have a little meet up with you. 'To form an alliance' they say. They want our help in getting rid of some of their enemies, and in return, they are ready to give us what we want. What do you say?", he asks, as blast echoing in the background.

She scoffed, "The Chicago Mafia and alliance. These two words never fits well together."

She needed some time to think but, the Chicago family asking for help wasn't normal, it's either their enemy is too strong, or they are that enemy. "Arrange the meeting. I'm coming back. We will have the meeting there. Don't inform the Boss about it, I'll tell him myself", She said.

"And the kids?Aren't you gonna tell him?", he asks,

"They are coming with me, but will stay away as I don't want his shadow over my children. I won't let the person who made me into the person I am now, to be the same thorn he was in my life, be in theirs.", She said, "I'm not planning on telling him about them."

"Okay. As you wish.", he said and cut the call.

She focused on the kids again. Ace..and luna... they are not her kids. She adopted them. But they have already became a big part of her life. And she'll never let anything hurt them again, not even her father.

She smiled and spread her arms as they run towards her, catching them as they fall on top of her. Laughing with them. Playing with them. She had never laughed or played this much in years. She never got the chance nor time to do so. But she won't let the same thing happened to them, they will live the childhood that she never got to live.

"The sun is setting kiddos, it's getting late, we should go home.", as She said this, luna's face turned into a sad pout. Melting her heart right away. "Guess what!", She asked enthusiastically.

"What?", Ace asked with a curiousity visible in his eyes.

"We are going to South Korea!", there eyes widened, shock and excitement emmiting out of them with pure innocence.

"Really!??", Luna asked excitingly.

"Yup", she said as she lightly poke her nose.

Looking at Ace reminds her of herself, cold and distant at a young age. They both were literal trouble in human form. But both were also so opposite of other. While Luna was, all cheery and fun, a social butterfly who loves making troubles. Ace was all cold and curious, his personality was hard to predict. At one time, he'd be all cheery and fun but then suddenly, he would be all cold and analytical. Clearly he was the smartest in the twins.

"Aunt Yara, but why are we suddenly going their?", Ace asked, they still haven't started calling her mom, but she understood them. They needed time and it's only been 2 months.

"Aunt Yara have some work to do there. And as you know, it aunt Yara's birthplace so my family lives their too.", She said, caressing his cheek as he nod. Luna also nodding thoughtfully.

She made her way to her car with Ace and Luna beside her and her five guards following behind.

As soon as they got in, she drove off. . It was already too late when they got home. Alomost 7 pm.

The house is rather small compared to her other mansions. But she prefered being at home with her kids and friend than living in a cold big ass mansion where half her ancestors could fit in rather comfortably.

Jieun was not home yet when they entered. As a doctor, it's normal for her to get late.

Jieun is one the only true friend she have. A doctor, a angel in disguise they say . But that was not all , she was not only just an angel, but a fallen angel. The blood that is running through her has a kill count more than that of half the Mafia of New York.

She is the daughter of her Boss's only partner and friend who died. She let her brother take on to the mafia business as she was rather invested in her 'saving life' business. Oops- I mean, holy work, according to her I mean. But is she a holy innocent girl? Nah-uh.

People will think I'm nuts if they hear me saying something about her. But only I knew-

The calling bell rang announcing her arrival.

Her white coat hanging delicately on her arm as she entered.

"Heya, Jieun", she greeted as she seated herself in the couch. The kids already left to their own room the moment we got home. It was a tiring day ofcourse. "You are back rather early today",

She smirked as she said, "My dear friend is going back afterall, I need to pack my things you see.", Yara shook her head in defeat as her plan of letting her stay away from this dangerous home coming, flopped.

She was sure the boys informed Jieun of it even before informing her.

"You know it's dangerous ,right?", Yara asked softly.

"Comeonn, I have seen more blood in my life than you, and also, the kids need a babysitter and me, a vacation", she grinned ear to ear.

"Aish, alright..", Yara smiled and told her, "we are leaving tomorrow as it's too late and we all are tired. And pack your bags tonight. Don't take too many things, we can just buy it there", and the response to that was a roll of eyes.

"Don't waste money dude. The more you save it, the more you earn", she winked and left without letting her have a comeback.

She chuckled and relaxed on the couch.

Tomorrow is the day...

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠✧⁠*⁠。

Target• 20v

Word count1530w

.

.

.

.

.

.

.