2 ~~ september 1999

September 1, 1999

Today was the Granger-Weasley wedding and to say she was nervous was an understatement. Hermione Granger was a gryffindor, one of the bravest and smartest, but right now, she was terrified, and not acting very smart.

Ginny was doing her makeup and talking to her about how glad she was that Hermione would finally be part of the family, officially.

"But what if he runs away?! What if he doesn't want me?!" Hermione cried, tears welling up in her eyes and her voice cracking.

"Then I will kick his arse and cut off his—"

"Let us keep zis PG, shall we? Teddy is right across ze 'all." Fleur said from where she was adding a few finishing touches to the dress.

"You're no fun!" Ginny groaned, "But seriously Hermione, he'll be there. And don't cry, you'll ruin the makeup."

Hermione looked up at the ceiling and Ginny saw she was grinning, "How much longer?! I wanna get married already!"

The other girls in the room rolled their eyes at the sudden change in Hermione's mood.

"An hour."

"Can I see Ron?! As long as he closes his eyes, it'll be fine, right?"

"Fine! I'll get him, Fleur, finish her makeup. And don't cry!" Ginny said, handing the mascara to Fleur and leaving.

A few minutes later, she returned with Harry, Hermione's parents, and Ron, who was blindfolded and being led by Harry.

"Ron!" The bride squealed, running into her fiancé's arms. They kissed passionately for a few seconds until they were interrupted by her parents, "You look beautiful Hermione!"

"How does she look?! What hairstyle? Hermione! Can't I just look?"

"Nope!"

"Fine, I love you Hermione. I'll be waiting for you."

"I love you so much Ron." She whispered, kissing his cheek lightly.

Then he left, still being led by Harry.

Forty minutes later, it was time to walk down the aisle. Hermione and her father were hidden from view but she could see Ron as he nervously smiled and waited for her. Instead of having unnecessary flowers and decorations, there were more personal details. As a centerpiece for each table was a large glass jar with a floating orb of light. The aisle was decorated with more glowing lights, a symbol that only the Golden Trio understood. A symbol of Hermione and Ron's love.

The music started playing and the crowd stood up. Hermione started walking and looked up at Ron as he beamed down at her. The rest of the world faded away and all the two could see was each other.

Ron watched as his best friend walked down the aisle. Her smile was glowing, just like the rest of her, and she looked beautiful.

She glided down the aisle and smiled up at Ron, whose face was already covered in tears.

Once she was at the altar with him, they held hands and the chocolate eyes bore into the ocean blue. Their breathing seemed to calm and slow to be in sync, as did their heartbeats.

"Hermione, please say your vows."

"Ron, I love you more than words can describe. I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to grow old with you. I want to be that old couple that sits on the porch and watches each sunrise and sunset together. I want to argue with you and then make up and then cuddle up again. I love you Ron. I promise to love you and I will never hurt you. I will always love you Ron."