The Sniper

"Uh, hello? Comms check, Fox are you there?" A somewhat monotone voice sounded from a radio.

"Yeah, copy." A male voice responded.

"You know what to do on this right?" The voice asked, sounding a bit distressed now.

"Of course I know, I'm closing from the cliff over top."

Fox, also known as 'Sniper', among the ranks of military forces is on the second intel mission directly from the HQ in Nantom.

"Be careful Fox, you know we cant have any casualties. Do you need us to send a drone?"

"I dont need a drone. Im moving."

Fox carefully crouch-walked through bushes and shrubs at the top of a cliff.

He's an orange fox the size of a man that walks, and talks like a human.

It was night-time, and a very dark night, so Fox relied on the truck lights near his position to see.

At the time, he was near a dirt road, and occasionally soldiers or armored vehicles would pass the treeline he was next to.

He couldn't get a proper view of the base he was about to raid off of the side of the cliff he walked along, so he would have to move up quickly.

Fox started moving faster through the dark colored bushes for a while, then stopped behind a tree when he heard commotion ahead of him.

The fox used his hearing abilities to listen and determine that there were three soldiers in the clearing ahead.

Two were talking in the middle near a tent facing the opposite direction of Fox, and one was repairing a truck past them.

" Lenova, I'm about to engage."
Fox said.

" Affirmative, signing out." Lenova, the woman on the other side of comms responded.

Fox's sniper position is half a klick past the clearing, so he would need to clear this area quickly, and without drawing attention to his sniper position.

"Time to go to work." Fox said as he crept up behind the two soldiers.

Fox pulled out a combat knife from a pouch on his right leg, set his eyes on the first soldier, and whispered to get his attention.

'Psst!'

"Huh? Who's there?"

The soldier noticed a gleaming object in a bush behind him.

Fox leaped out of the bush with a look of death on his face, grabbed the soldier by the shoulder, and forced the knife into his throat.

Fox kicked the soldier hard in the stomach and he fell to the dirt floor.

As the first soldier choked to death, the soldier he was talking with reached for his pistol.

Fox dashed up and kicked the soldiers legs out from under him.

"Oh ma- *aahh!*" The soldier screamed out in surprise.

As he fell to the floor, Fox quickly kneeled and thrusted the knife downwards into the soldier's chest.

Blood came out of the soldier's mouth as Fox harshly pulled out the knife.

The third soldier just now noticed what was going on behind him and was caught off guard.

Fox turned his gaze to the soldier that was repairing the truck, and quickly stood up.

The soldier fumbled with his assault rifle on his backside and frustratedly grunted.