Suddenly we heard music coming from the hallway. It was the song wicked game but a cover of it, a very nice cover.

"Eyo where is the music coming from? I thought your parents were out." I said.

"They're out, that's my sister." I looked confused at AJ, since when did he have a sister?

"Then tell her to turn it down." Jona said.
"Wait a minute, you have a sister? Why didn't I know about it, we've known each other for 2 years?" I asked and made a questioning gesture.

"You never asked me if I had siblings, and don't get mad at me, but I didn't want to introduce you to my sister," he said, and that hurt me.
"Why?"

"Chris, I know you." He raised an eyebrow. Did he really think I was going to make a pass at his sister? "Bro, my friends' sisters are off limits to me." I justified myself.

"It doesn't matter now, just tell her to keep it down and the whole thing will be over." Jonathan said and rolled his eyes.

"She can't turn it down, but it'll stop in half an hour."

"Why?" I asked again.
"She sings and she has to do her practice." He explained and I couldn't believe that the voice I just heard was really my best friend's sister.
"Okay, enough about my sister." He said and turned back to his remote so we could continue playing.

...

★。+゚☆ Brooklyn ☆゚+。★

The next day I waited outside the entrance of the school for Kathi, who didn't show up. I looked at my phone and saw that I had a message from her.

Kathi🫶🏼❤️

I'm sorry Brook I'm not feeling well I'm not coming today

Fuck okay 🙁
get better
but how am I supposed
to get through the day
I have no friends😩

You'll be fine

🙄

I put my phone in my pocket and walked to my math class and sat in my seat. I felt totally lost without Kathi, normally the other one was always 'sick' when one was sick.

The class started and I looked back to see if Chris was staring at me again, but he wasn't, he wasn't even there. And I thought that was great.

The teacher started the lesson and after 5 minutes there was a knock on the door and in came ....chris

"Christopher, nice of you to grace us with your presence." "Sorry, my brother left too late." He said and was about to run to the last row.

"It's a good thing Brooklyn's seatmate isn't here today, because if you're late, you get to sit in the front row. You can sit next to Broolkyn." The teacher said and grinned ironically.

I quickly looked at chris, who was looking at me. Of course he had to be late that day when Kathi wasn't there, that was so typical.

But chris started to smile. "Okay." He just said and went to Kathi's place. I turned to the teacher.

"But what if Kathi comes too because she's late." "I understand your concern, Miss O'Brien, but Kathi's mom called this morning, she is sick and won't be coming today."The teacher explained and I sighed.

"Come on, you'll be able to sit next to me for the lesson." Chris said with a grin and sat down.

"Of course I can stand it, but dont like to have you next to me". I said and went with my chair as far away from him as possible.

The teacher gave us assignments to work on and I was glad that it wasn't partner work. I was quickly finished with the tasks and I took the liberty of looking over at Chris to see how far he was.

He was still working on the first assignment and his eyes looked like he was trying to read a book in Japanese. He probably already had more girls in bed than brain cells in his brain.

When we got to the discussion of the tasks, he was called on. "I have absolutely no idea."
"That's what I thought. Brooklyn, tell us the solution." Said the teacher and I told him my solution and it was right.

"You're smart." Chris said and looked at me with disinterest.

"I know, jealous?" I asked him to annoy him. "No, and you?" he asked and winked at me.

I rolled my eyes, how could the girls only be into this guy? "I have no reason to be jealous of you." I said and gave him an ironic grin. "Quiet up there." Said the teacher to us.

Now I was also warned by the teacher because of the asshole. This never happened to me. And I felt kind of bad about it.

"It happens every once in a while that the teacher tells you to be quiet." Chris said and I looked at him in surprise. Was it so obvious that I felt bad?

"I know," I said, trying to sound confident.

"Just wanted to make sure you knew, with nerds like you, you never know." I rolled my eyes again and tried not to let him provoke me, so I turned back to my tasks.

When the lesson was over, I quickly packed up my things to get away from Chris as quickly as possible. But the teacher cleared his throat again: "Christopher and Brooklyn, please stay with me for a moment.

I turned to Chris, pissed. "Well done." I said to him. "You were talking too, so don't act so innocent." He said amused and made me boil. Yes I had talked but only because of him.

When the others had all left the room, me and Chris stood in front of the teacher. "I'm sorry we talked but-" I started to speak. "That's not the point, Brooklyn. Chris is very bad at math and you, Brooklyn, are the best student in the class. And I thought since you were getting along so well today anyway, you could be the tutor."

I looked at my teacher in surprise and had to realize what he had just said. Then I looked at Chris who was grinning at me. I certainly didn't want to do that.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I want to do that." "Brooklyn, Think about it, it would look good on your report card, not only yours but Chris' as well. "Said the teacher, reaching for his backpack. "You may go." He said and I didn't know what to say and just walked out of the room, straight to the next class.

I would think about it, but only because it would be on my report card.