“Anong tagalog ng sili?”

Ano?” she asked.

“Labyupo..” I responded, trying to hold my laugh.

“Wrong! It's labuyo!” she responded with a giggle.

"I was just joking," I said, pouting slightly.

"I know," she said, leaning in to kiss me. Our lips met, and she pulled back slightly, whispering, "I love you too," before lingering in the moment.

Mission Accomplished!

Sumakay na kaming dalawa sa kotse ko at siya muna ang nagmaneho since malayo pa ang byahe namin pauwi sa siyudad. As the engine roared to life and the car smoothly turned, my gaze shifted to the scenery outside, focusing on the house where we shared cherished moments. It held memories of our first night together, the tranquility of her words enveloping me. I couldn't help but imagine returning here, creating more precious memories once we were married.

My eyes moved back to the woman driving beside me, taking in her fine jawline, her delicate nose – everything about her seemed perfect.

I recalled a similar view that had deepened my love for her, a memory of when she had driven me to a coffee shop. Now, the scene seemed to replay before me, but this time, she was mine.

She was the masterpiece I would forever admire, and she'll be forever my favorite art.

"I might just melt under that gaze," she interrupted my reverie as I admired her profile while she drove.

"If every time you look at me like that I melt, then maybe I've been melting from the start until now," she added.

"You're incredibly beautiful," I said.

"Oh, really?" she teased.

"Absolutely, baby," I replied, catching her eyes and stealing a moment.

"I love hearing that," she confessed.

"I wonder what our life will be like after we get married," I mused, shifting my gaze back to the road.

"Taking care of our kids, finding happiness, creating lasting memories together – I'd love to experience all of that with you," she said without hesitation. Her words were unwavering.

"I hope our children inherit your looks," I remarked, looking at her again.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from her side profile, she was a vision of beauty. Yet, a lingering uncertainty weighed on my heart. Time was slipping away, and the thought persisted that our problems wouldn't miraculously disappear with marriage. Everything was still far from being okay.

Hinawakan ko ang kanang kamay niya, “Rhea, what if something might happen?” I asked her.

“I won't let it,” she replied. Humina ang boses niyang malambot kanina. Alam kong she's feeling the same thing.

“Kaya ba gusto mo akong pakasalan, agad?” tanong ko sa kanya. The car halted in my question.

Inabot ng isang kamay niya ang kamay kong nakahawak sa kanya, her eyes assuring me.