I.

"Most times, it's Temporary..."

In the Otherworld was Asteria. Asteria was once a beautiful kingdom. It was a celestial kingdom where the night never ended— the stars were bright in the sky, painting an ethereal picture. The kingdom was run by a beautiful king and queen. They were benevolent and loved by all... until they weren't.

There was speculation in the kingdom of the kingdom's monarchs being infertile, which raised questions about the succession. In the middle of the night, a coupe was staged. The king and queen were slain, and the throne was stolen. Without a true heir, the kingdom slowly began to rot. However, the king and queen had a secret. They knew their enemies would come for their daughter, so they sent her away to a place far—far away. A place called Earth.

Nyx grew up with no identity of who or where she came from. She was found by a couple, who then took her in and raised her. Growing up, Nyx was a quiet but happy child. She didn't make friends easily, so she spent her time with music. Singing, dancing, and writing were the only company she needed. Her relationship with her adoptive parents, Grace and Oliver Devoreaux, was amazing...until it wasn't.

At age 14, Nyx began to hear voices. At first, it was little whispers, but it progressively became so loud. Nyx wouldn't sleep, wouldn't eat, she wouldn't talk. She was in constant fear; the only thing that would sometimes help was to block the noise with music. In the beginning, her adoptive parents only felt concerned, but it gradually grew into a feeling of burden. Next thing she knew, they sent her to an i̶n̶s̶a̶n̶e̶ a̶s̶y̶l̶u̶m̶ psychiatric hospital. They somehow were able to give her a diagnosis of schizophrenia and depression.

Nyx's mental state may have been healthy, but it began to deteriorate the longer she stayed in the institution. Now, as the voices would talk, she would talk back. She could be seen conversing with the shadows around her. Accidents began to happen around the institution before she was visited by a woman. Her name was Farah Dowling, and she promised to get her out of there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait, I've been so busy with school. Hope you enjoyed this little backstory I came up with on the spot. See you guys later.

  x-gigi0180

[unedited]