What's Some Inappropriate Humor Between Friends?

Начните с самого начала

"There's no need," he held a hand up to her, as if to say everything was under the bridge. "If anything, I should be the one apologizing to you. I jumped to conclusions. I'm sorry."

"Consider us even."

"Very well," Zeff turned to face the doorway, but looked over his shoulder to speak once more. "I better see you back at the Baratie some time in the future, Reyna. Don't waste the yellowtail, boy!"

"I knew deep down he was a giant softy," Reyna watched the older man leave. "The rough exterior is just a cover up. Zeff's a big teddy bear on the inside."

"Don't let him hear you say that out loud," Sanji chuckled.

"So," Reyna made her way over to the blond. "Since my job was completed by the two of you, that gives me some free time. What can I do to help you?"

"You can help me by sitting your butt in this chair and doing nothing," Sanji pointed one of the knives at the chair right in front of him. "You've done plenty this morning."

"You've been dying to say something about my butt all morning, haven't you?"

"I," he paused, thinking through his next set of words carefully. "Will refrain from comment."

"You're lucky I don't embarrass easily," Reyna said. "There has to be something I can do."

"I wouldn't mind having a taste tester."

"Oh, sign me up!" Reyna smacked the edge of the table in excitement. "I'll take that job any day."

"I figured you would approve of that position."

"Mmm. Something smells good in here," Usopp announced a little while later with Luffy in tow.

Reyna couldn't help but notice the young man in the straw hat sitting down on one of the benches along the wall with a look of sorrow on his face. He placed a white sword on the table and began cleaning it.

"I thought everyone might be hungry," Sanji said. "There's plenty of fish we didn't use. Never waste food."

"Cool," Usopp shook his head, leaning against the table beside Reyna. "I never would have pictured you as a doctor after last night, and I mean that as a compliment. You helped us out a lot."

"Technically, I'd only be an apprentice, but it was my pleasure," Reyna replied, stealing a piece of fish off of Sanji's plate. "Ugh, I could eat this forever!"

"How long have you two known each other?" Usopp took one of the finished rice balls, looking between Sanji and Reyna.

"Oh, all our lives. Childhood sweethearts- ow!"

"He's being ridiculous," Reyna smacked Sanji's hand with a fork but couldn't contain her laughter. "Not much longer than when I met you guys, actually. I'm sorry, Sanji, but that was a low blow."

"Really?" Usopp was surprised. "I never would have guessed. You both seem so- oh, I get it."

"Usopp," Reyna warned the man who was wiggling his eyebrows at her. "Don't even go there."

"Hey, it's none of my business what you do, or who you do," he joked but most definitely meant it.

"Usopp!" Reyna blushed a deep shade of red. Grabbing a nearby towel, she twirled it around nice and tight then proceeded to smack him with it. "I don't like you any more."

"Ow, woman! That hurt!"

"Serves you right," Reyna huffed, noticing the smirk on Sanji's face. "What?"

"Don't embarrassed easily, huh?"

"Oh, hush, you," she took another slice of fish. "Luffy, what's the matter? Not a fan of fish?"

"I love fish," he looked up from his task. "I just need to get Zoro's sword ready for him. You know, for when he wakes up."

"He's uh," Usopp glanced between Reyna and Sanji. "Pretty badly hurt, man. There's an itty-bitty chance he might not wake up."

"Zoro's the strongest fighter that I know. No way he's going to let some warlord guy beat him."

Reyna loved Luffy's optimism.

"Well, you gotta eat," Sanji told him. "Come on. If you don't want the fish, I got two-inch T-bones in the kitchen. Or, maybe you're in the mood for saffron risotto?"

"I normally would get both," Luffy replied with a grin. "But I really gotta get the Waddy Itchy Monkey ready for him."

"The what?" Sanji and Reyna asked, bewildered.

"His sword," Luffy answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "It's gotta name."

"Oh."

"Of course it does."

"Why?" Sanji asked.

"I don't know," Luffy shrugged. "He said it was kind of special. Hey, Sanji, can you make Zoro's favorite food?"

"Sure," he nodded. "What does he like?"

"He really likes rice balls."

"Mm-hmm."

"And beer."

"Oh, you should do rice balls soaked in beer," Reyna said.

"Yes!" Luffy clapped his hands in agreement. "Can you make that?"

"I can make anything," Sanji laughed. "Just tell me what you want."

"I will take you up on that challenge, Blondie," Reyna muttered so that only Sanji could hear.

"I want him to eat," Luffy started. "So that he gets back his strength. But I also want him to sleep, so that his wounds can heal. Or maybe he just needs some water. Right? After all that fighting, he must be awfully thirsty. But you know, he's probably also tired, so, so yeah, we should just let him sleep."

"Being a captain, it's the toughest job in the world, okay?"

Reyna raised her eyebrows in surprise and turned her undivided attention back to Sanji. How did he know this?

"Zeff once told me that making decisions is what separates a captain from the rest of the crew. And he was one of the best pirate captains that ever sailed the seas," Sanji explained.

"Zeff was a pirate?" Luffy's question was full of awe and excitement.

"Yeah. Captain of the dreaded Cook Pirates. They used to call him "Red Leg Zeff" because his boots were always stained with the blood of his enemies."

Wait, boots as in plural? When did he get the peg leg?

"How did you two meet? Were you on his crew or something?" Luffy asked.

"Not exactly."

More of a dialogue heavy chapter this time around, but I loved this episode! For the most part

For the most part.

As you can tell, I split it up and the beginning of the next chapter is the heartbreaking backstory.
Anyone else breakdown into tears when they watched it?
So good but so sad at the same time.

Also, as I mentioned in the summary, there will be mature themes throughout, but not explicitly described.
I am terrible at writing those sorts of things.

However, I love me some good innuendos and implying certain things.
I think it's good fun, and makes the story more humorous.