Did I Overreact? - 33

"I received a call while you were in the shower. One of the more recent companies I acquired is having some difficulties and they need me out there immediately," he explains.

I am sitting here trying to figure out what I should do but I'm torn. I really don't know what to do? I know Dawn won't mind if I'm not there tonight. The issue is my head & heart are at odds. My head is telling me no.. no.. no.. your moving to fast. When my heart is telling me to stay, because I know I am going to miss his sexy ass. Plus the sex.. Damn, the sex is... Epic. I think I am going to have to listen to my head. I can't let myself fall for him, when I know this is just temporary.

"It's okay, we can try to plan something when you get back," I make sure I don't make eye contact with him as I say this.

"So, you don't want to stay the night tonight? We won't see each other again for at least two weeks," Jaxon rebuttals.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea, plus I have plans. You'll only be gone for two weeks," I reply. Knowing full well that I will miss him while he is gone.

When Jaxon doesn't reply, I look up to look at him. He looks confused and hurt. My intentions were not to hurt his feelings, but seriously this is all going a bit too fast for me. I have too many feelings swirling around and I need time to sort them out.

I hurry and finish my breakfast in awkward silence. Once I finish, I take my plate and coffee cup to the sink and wash them. Jaxon is still picking at his sandwich.

"I'm going to go finish getting ready" I say as I head back to Jaxon's room. I don't dare look at him, if he looks at me or touches me, he will most likely persuade me to stay.

I finish getting my things packed up, brush and blow-dry my hair. I walk out to the kitchen where I last saw Jaxon, but he wasn't there. His plate was hardly touched and sitting there. I felt bad that my decision to not stay was making him upset enough not to eat.

I have to think of myself, I can't allow another man to put a leash on me like Luke did. I was his pet that he controlled and abused. I am not saying the Jaxon will do that to me, but I also don't want to take that chance right now. I need to get out of here before I change my mind. My urge to go and hold him and tell him I will stay is becoming more intense the longer I stay here.

Damn it, I need my keys; I know Vincent had them last, but I haven't seen him around either. I put my things down on a kitchen chair and start looking for either Vincent or Jaxon.

After looking for almost 20 minutes to no avail. I am extremely frustrated and about to call an Uber, I am over this Shit! I decide to look in Jaxon's room one more time before I call an Uber since this gorgeous fucker decided to play hide-n-seek.