All That Glitters

Start from the beginning

 Ben transforms into Humongousaur and jumps off the road, going under it and growing to hold it up. Kevin absorbs the metal of the car into his arms and rips the roof off. "Get everyone down. I can't hold this together much longer." Humngousaur grunts out. "Right." Aria nods and uses air control to carry the rest of the civilians down. "The girl!" Gwen shouts, seeing the girl still walking across the road. "Ben!" Kevin calls. "Hands...full!" Humongousaur groans. The girl almost gets run over, but a blonde guy flies over and saves her.

The car swerves and stops, and the group stares at the boy in shock, well beside Kevin, who is busy pulling the driver out of the truck. "They're all down." Aria tells Humongousaur, who puts his left hand down letting the debris fall onto the truck, extinguishing the flames. Then he shrinks and detransforms. "Ben!" Aria calls to him. Ben looks up at the overpass just in time to see Aria jump off and catch her. "My hero." She swoons, wrapping her arms around him. He blushes but carries her over to where the blonde was before putting her down. "Thank you." She kisses him on the cheek, causing him to blush harder. "I-I have to get out of here. I was running, and I--" The girl says in a panic and shudders, causing the boy to wrap his arms around her. "It's okay, Trina. You're safe now. These guys saved you." He tells Trina. "Your friend's the one who saved you. He's just being modest." Ben counters. 

"Whoever you guys are, whatever you are, thanks. Something strange has been happening to the girls at our school lately." The blonde shares. "Glad to help. We made a good team out there. You've got a Plumber's badge." Ben observes. "Yeah, my dad gave it to me. You guys know about the Plumbers?" Blondie asks. "At this point, we may as well be them." Kevin says, showing his Plumber's badge. "I'm Ben. This is Kevin, my cousin Gwen, and my best friend Aria." Ben introduces the group. "Wait. Ben as in Ben Tennyson? I'm a huge fan of yours. But I heard you disappeared." Mike says, walking over to Ben, and Aria walks over to Gwen. "I'm Mike Morningstar." He introduces himself, shaking Ben's hand, then Kevin, and then he moves over to the two girls. He stretches both hands out to the girls with a smile, and they take it to shake, but yellow energy comes off his hand, shocking them. 

"Oh." Gwen gasps, and Aria pulls her hand away with wide eyes. "Wow. That's never happened before." Mike says. "It happened to us once, back when we first met." Aria shares. "Oh yeah. Maybe it's because we have powers?" Gwen suggests. "That's a theory." Mike agrees, smiling down at them. "Anyway, now that we all met..." Kevin chimes in, interrupting them. "I should make sure Trina gets home okay." Mike says, and they all turn to the girl. "But after that, why don't we meet up at my place and talk?" He suggests. "Sure." Ben agrees. "Sounds good." Gwen chimes in. "Fine by me." Aria adds. "Can't wait." Kevin says sarcastically. Mike walks towards Trina, picks her up, and flies away.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

"Mom and her new husband live in the main house. They leave me alone, let me do what I want." Mike says, holding the door open for the group. "Cool." Ben comments. "After you." Mike tells them. Gwen walks in first, then Aria, and then Ben and Mike close the door on Kevin before he can enter. "What is all this stuff?" Ben asks, seeing the tech around the room. "Some of my dad's Plumber's gear. I brought it over from his headquarters." Mike shares. "Cool." Aria comments. "I could take you both there later if you want." Mike tells the girls. "We'd all like to see it." Ben chimes in. "It'd make my day." Kevin states. "Here-- let me show you something." Mike tells the females, grabbing their arms and walking over to the big monitor in the center of the room. On the way, Gwen looks at Kevin, who looks away. "I'm patched into the central Plumbers monitoring network. It's connected to everything-- global and interplanetary internet, Earthbound law-enforcement frequencies-- oh, and, of course, the badge communicator channel." Mike shares.