Horseback riding (edmund x y/n)

Time Period: Golden Age (before they first go back to the real world)

I saddled up and rode my favourite horse through the tall grassy fields. I rode all the way to where the grassy fields end and the woods begin. I turn right and rode on. Deeper into the woods would be a cliff. As I always do, i get off my horse and tie it loosely to a nearby tree so that my horse would not wander off. Unlike the other horses, my horse could not speak. She was not as magical as the others but i loved her nonetheless. 

I walked over to the cliff when a dark haired figure stood staring at the ocean. I creeped up behind him and put my arms around his waist. He did not flinch at my touch but turned around with a smile. He took my hands and put it higher, around his neck. He put one arm around my waist, pulling my body closer. The other hand cupped my face and pulled me closer as our lips connected. I pulled away and smiled at him.

"Hello my love. How was your day?" Edmund asked with a soft smile on his face.

"It was rather boring and uneventful. I'm so grateful to spend even a small portion of my day with you. Being able to unwind and just relax." I say as i sit down at the cliff, allowing my legs to hang over the edge, "How was yours?"

With our busy schedules, Edmund and I take the time every evening to meet at the cliff and watch the sunset together. It gives us peace of mind if we are unable to see each other the entire day.

"Stressful. We have so much paper work, its unbelievable. Peter works us endlessly. He should take some time off and live life a bit." Edmund scoffs.

"Well he makes sure the kingdom's affairs are in order. It's a hard job ed." I say as he puts his arm around me.

"He's too harsh." Edmund mutters.

"Well not everyone has the same patience level for you as i do!" i grin and peck his cheek.

Edmund pulls me closer and rests my head against his shoulder as we watch the sunset. The sunset in Narnia is beautiful. The sky turns a beautiful golden as the sun sets. The clouds are all fluffy and full. As the sun goes down, the sky turns into a mesmerising purple. When it almost becomes dark, we stand up and head towards where our horses were. 

"Race you home!" Edmund announces cheekily. 

"Oh you-" Before i could come up with a comment, Edmund gets onto his horse and rides off.

"This boy will be the death of me" i mutter as i quickly get onto my horse and follow him.

I start to catch up and Edmund realises that. He looks back shocked before speeding up.

"Giddy up!" I exclaim, trying to get my horse to go as fast as it can. 

We raced through the grassy fields and back through the castle gates. 

Just as Edmund turns back with a smug, proud grin, I speed up and overtake him, reaching the stables before he does.

Edmund stares at me with his jaw dropped. He sighs as he gets off his horse and helps me off mine. I chuckle interlock our arms as we stroll into the castle.

When we walk past Susan's study, Edmund stops and glances in. Susan was still in her study, writing. 

"Susan, go back to your chambers and sleep. You're gonna overwork yourself." Edmund says as he peaks his head through the door. I hear a "Mhm" and we walk back to our own chambers.

Edmund closes the door as i go over to my dresser to take my night gown. When we were both changed and ready for bed, I crawl into the warm covers as Edmund turns the lights off and lights the bedside candle. 

"You don't have to do that anymore ed." i say.

"well i know you wake up at night sometimes and get scared when its too dark. So the light is just incase my love." he smiles at me before kissing my forehead and lying down.

I turn to my side facing the windows and smile to myself. 

As i close my eyes, i feel his arm slither around my waist, hugging me. His touch comforts me as i match his breathing, which sounds like a lullaby, putting me to sleep.