𝐎𝐎𝟐. Disasters One And Two

September 2nd 1977

September 2nd 1977

Charlotte isn't mad at Raina for liking a guy, she's also not mad because that guy is a Slytherin. She's, in fact, not mad at all. Contrary to popular belief. Lukas has apparently threatened Barty in a very Lukas manner, and then they all laughed it off like it was nothing. So far, she's the only one who has not yet made an effort with the boyfriend. It's stupid, she knows. How awful will she be if she doesn't even try once? He makes Raina happy, after all, and she doesn't want to go about ruining it by not knowing how to be herself in front of a Slytherin.

Does that make her a bad person?

Her questions answers itself when Barty drops down next to her in Transfiguration, while Raina is right there to take a seat with. Lukas sends her a puzzled look, but takes the seat with Raina and leaves Charlotte to rot with their best friend's boyfriend. She's going to have him suffer by forcing him to sit next to Evan the next class they have with that boy. But everything is fine unless Barty wants to talk with her, right?

"You were gone, swift as a fox." Barty starts. Charlotte presses her lips together. "You don't have to like me, y'know? I doubt Rain's fond of my friends, so... I'm Barty."

"Charlotte. But everyone calls me Lola."

"I know. Reg would totally come up with a different nickname to piss you off. He's good at that, pissing people off. Oi! Black! You suck!" Barty yells.

"At least my parents did not name me Bartemius." Comes the easy response of the youngest Black.

Charlotte buries her head in her Transfiguration book, when Barty begins a verbal fight with Regulus. She doesn't want any part of that. It's quite obvious Raina's chosen a character because no one else in their year would theatrically pretend to be murdered as soon as his friend tells him to drop dead. There's a lot of screaming, even. She peers over her book to see Regulus flip Barty off, and Barty retaliates by throwing her book at him. Just snatches it right out of her hands to attack.

She blinks twice, and that's all it takes for Raina to apologetically return her book. It's chaos on the first day, of course it is, but she's never been part of the chaos. Well, her stuff's never been used. She doesn't know if she likes it. Possibly not.

Barty doesn't apologise for stealing her book to brutally assault his own friend. He leans back in his chair and happily chats about how much he likes getting his friends all riled up for no reason. Charlotte doesn't respond when he asks her if she's good at riling people up. She sees no point. However, because she doesn't respond, Barty becomes kind of annoying and clingy like they've been friends for years.

"Lola... Lola, look, I can balance my chair on two legs. Lola. Lola." That goes on for at least a minute, before the quarter falls. "Oh. Hey! I see what you did there! I'm keeping you. You're fun, more than my friends. Rains, you've got a fun friend!"