Reki and Y/n were at Dope Sketch restocking shelves, when Reki suddenly commented,
Reki: "You know the Canadian transfer student that came today?
Y/n: "Yeah. I think his name was Langa Hasegawa."
Reki: "He seems like a total space cadet. Don't you think?"
Y/n: "Nah. He was probably just nervous."
Reki: "I don't know. Maybe. I still think he's weird thou-AH!"
Reki dropped something because of his injured hand. Y/n caught it before it fell, and their boss proceeded to argue with Reki about why he shouldn't be working with his hand like that. After work, Y/n and Reki decided to skate around.

[Y/n's point of view]

We just started to skate, when Reki fell on his butt, and his board went rolling down a steep hill. What an idiot!
Y/n: "Hahaha! What the heck! You look so stupid!"
Reki: "Yeah, yeah. Shut up and help me get my board."
We run down the hill to chase his board, but it looks like someone caught it. Reki runs up to him like an idiot. Isn't that the Canadian transfer, Langa Hasegawa?
Reki: "Hey! Thanks for stopping my board for me, new guy!"
Langa: "...Who are you?"
Reki looks shocked.
Reki: "Y-you don't remember me?! I'm Reki Kyan, the guy who sits next to you!"
Y/n: "Reki!" I scold, "You can't expect him to remember every kid in class!" I elbow him. "Apologize!"
Reki: "Sorry."
Langa: "It's okay. Hey, aren't you L/n?"
Reki goes on a rampage like a toddler.
Reki: "What?! How come you remember her name, but not mine?!"
Y/n: "Don't you know?" I said, jokingly, "That's one of the perks of pretty privilege." I smirk.

[Reki's point of view]

Y/n: "Don't you know? That's one of the perks of pretty privilege." I look over to Langa. He's looking at Y/n's board, cheeks flushed. So that's how it is!
Reki: "Are you interested? Want to try riding it?"
Langa: "No... I..."
Y/n pops in with,
Y/n: "But you were staring at it, weren't you?"

[No one's point of view]

Langa caves and decides to try it, but barely gets on before losing balance, and falling off. He falls backwards into Y/n, who catches him, but in turn, falls over herself.
Reki: "Pft... Ahahaha! What was that?!"
Y/n: "Are you okay?" Y/n asked, sitting up, looking down into her lap at him. Langa's face turns bright red when he realizes the predicament he's gotten himself into. He turns to Reki,
Langa: "T-that thing's not meant for standing on!"
Reki: "Of course it is!"
Langa sat up as Reki started skating towards Langa quickly. Y/n realizes what he's doing and pulls Langa's head back into her lap. Reki ollies over him and Langa watches, wide-eyed. Then Reki lands it and stops.
Reki: "See?"
Langa: "... yeah." Langa replied breathlessly.
Suddenly, Langa remembers something important! He sat bolt upright, blushing up to his ears.
Langa: "S-sorry!"

[Y/n's point of view]

Langa: "S-sorry!" Langa shouted with a beet red face.
Y/n: "Pft... Ahahaha! No need to get so worked up about it! No problem!"
His face is just so cute!
Reki: "Hey! Got some time to spare? Y/n and I have a job at that skate shop over there, so if you want, I'll help you pick out a beginner board for you."
Langa: "What's your pay?!"
Reki: "Huh?"
I'm confused too. What's he talking about?
Langa: "I'm looking for a part-time job."
Then, out of nowhere, our manager popped out. Where the heck did he come from?
Mr. Oka: "I've got a part-time job for ya! As you can see, Reki's been injured, so I've been looking for a substitute."
Reki protested in vain as Langa agreed. We all went back to the shop together.
Mr. Oka: "By the way, do you have a license?"
Langa: "I have what they call a 'standard' one in Japan..."
Mr. Oka: "Great! This job requires you to deliver a client's board to this location at midnight the day after tomorrow."
Langa: "It can't be delivered during the day?"
I can't help but smile at his ignorance.
Reki: "Nope, 'cause the gates aren't open 'til late at night." Reki said.
Langa: "The gates...?"
Our manager explained the gist of 'S'.
Mr. Oka: "Reki can't go because he's injured, and I don't feel right asking Y/n to go alone."
Y/n: " Why not?!" I give him a look.
Mr. Oka: "I'm not going to send a teenage girl alone to an abandoned mineshaft late at night! What kind of person do you think I am?!"
Y/n: "You won't do that to a girl but if it's a teenage boy, it's okay?" I swing back.
Mr. Oka: "W-well, yeah! There's a difference, okay!"
Y/n: "Besides, why can't you go?"
Mr. Oka: "Because I'm going to be busy."
Reki perked up.
Reki: "I bet you're going on a date with that daycare chick."
Mr. Oka: "No. I actually have to pay off a huge debt. This place may go under." He acted all sad.
Yeah right. Reki was stupid enough to buy it though.
Reki: "What?! Since when?! Why didn't you tell me?!"
Y/n: "Come on. He's messing with you. Why would he hire a new part-timer if he didn't have any money?"
Reki: "Yeah, you're right!" I know. "That was mean! Not funny, jerk!"
Mr. Oka: "If you don't like my jokes, then start taking me seriously."
Langa reaches down carefully to pet Sketchy, our little fennec fox.
Y/n: "Hey, I wouldn't d-"
Langa: "AH!"
Too late. Reki keeps bickering with manager Oka and picks her up. Idiot.
Reki: "OW!"
Yep. Saw that coming. Oka cuddles his pet and I roll my eyes.