Two- First Sight

I rushed around my apartment, throwing clothes on the unmade bed as I hurried to get ready. This is so unprofessional! My first day on the job and I'm going to be late! I tied my brown hair back into a bun that– no matter how many times I took it down and put it back up– always turned out messy. Annoying. I gave up on my hair and put on a white button up shirt and a dark blue pencil skirt with light brown heels that made my legs look absolutely stunning. At least I had that going for me. After one last look in the mirror, I smoothed my skirt and made sure my shirt was tucked. I grabbed my bag, and with a deep breath I walked out the door, ready to start this brand new adventure.

I made it to the address that was given to me, a dance studio. I thought it was weird because usually when I met clients it was somewhere a little more relaxed like a coffee shop or a restaurant. I heard that Kpop Idols were very dedicated to their work, but I wasn't expecting to meet them during work.

My stomach was in knots as I passed by security and met with a man at the door. He was dressed very professionally in a gray blazer and a pair of gold rimmed glasses.

"Hana Mori?" he asked, greeting me with a smile.

I nodded and took his hand in mine, giving it a firm shake.

"I'm manager Sejin, and I'm so happy to be the first to welcome you to our little family."

"The pleasure is all mine, I'm so looking forward to working with you all." I replied.

"Come, The boys are excited to meet you."

I nodded and followed manager Sejin down the hall, up the stairs, and to a door guarded by more security. I could hear the sound of upbeat, high energy music playing on the other side of the door. It was so loud that I could feel the beat vibrate my shoes.

Meeting with new clients always gave me butterflies, but there was something different about these guys. They were young, vibrant, and still relatively new to the industry. I may know how things work in the Japanese rock scene, but Kpop is a brand new world for me. So I feel like maybe that's something we could have in common. The thought does little to settle my stomach though, and as the door opens, I see the group in full swing. Their muscles were hard and rigid, their brows dripped with sweat, and they moved in unison with the sharp precision of a blade. I'm left speechless at the sight.

The music comes to a sudden stop, and the boys all stop and look up at me, pushing their sweat soaked hair from their faces, and wiping their necks with towels.

"Boys, I want you to welcome Miss Hana Mori, she is our new booking agent."

Before they could say anything I anxiously stepped forward, holding out my hand for whomever would take it. My words rushed out of me, my voice trembling slightly as I blew them all out in one breath.

"Hello, It's nice to meet you all, I–"

Suddenly, my heel snapped and I fell forward, losing my balance completely.

Right before I hit the ground, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and flip me into a dipping position.

"Are you alright, Miss Hana?" He asked, his eyes meeting mine.

The scent of blood orange and white musk filled my senses. His face glistened in the fluorescent lights, his lips were beautifully shaped, and colored a light shade of pink, and when he smiled my heart leaped into my throat and stole my breath.

"Great catch, Heeseung!" laughed one of the boys.

A beat of silence passed between us as he held me, his lips parted slightly as his tongue licked his bottom lip thoughtfully. His smile suddenly deepened, a shy chuckle passing through his lips.

" I'm fine... Um...thank you." I said, finding my voice once again.

"Um, Heeseung? Don't you think you should put her down now?" Laughed another one of the boys. The rest of them chuckled playfully in response.

"Oh, right." Heeseung blushed, standing me upright. I looked down and my heel had completely snapped off. I cursed under my breath and took my intact heel off, breaking it to match the other one.

"Well, guess they're flats now." I shrugged.

As I got acquainted with the rest of the boys, I kept catching Hesseung's eyes with my own. I looked away and tried to keep my attention on the task at hand but there's something about him that's just so....distracting.