𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

surprise update. happy birthday

also im not adding amren into the inner circle for a while because i dont like her

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

     Throbbing pain echoed through my skull, a relentless drumbeat. But even with my eyes shut, I knew I was safe.

     My back didn't hurt as it lay comfortably on the bed, which told me it had been healed. It felt as though all of my broken bones were mended. I carefully opened my eyes.

     I was in the infirmary within the House of Wind, distinctly different from the stark, fluorescent-lit infirmary of the Forest House. Here, the room was intimate, the walls bathed in a soothing shade of blue.

"Eve?"

     At the sound of my name, I shifted my gaze, focusing on the figure. Despite my blurred vision, I recognized Rhys immediately.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"My head hurts," I complained, my voice hoarse.

"You were severely dehydrated and malnourished," a familiar voice said from the other side of me. I turned my head seeing Madja beside me.  

"I got some fluids in you with an IV," Madja went on. "But we have some water and soup ready for you  now if you feel strong enough to sit up."

"Can you help me?" I asked.

    With an affirming tilt of her head, she joined Rhys at my side, their combined strength guiding me into a seated position. A groan escaped my lips.

     Rhys, ever attentive, raised a glass to my lips, his hands steady as I sipped the water, offering relief to my parched and tender throat.

     Once the water had quenched my thirst, Rhys patiently aided me with the soup. Each spoonful settled warmly in my stomach and spread a comforting ease throughout my body.

"Mom," I said quietly, looking to my brother. "She's gone." His lips formed a tight line, and he gave a nod.

"Yeah," he whispered, tears shining in his eyes.

"I can't believe she's gone," I scoffed, shaking my head. "I wish . . . I wish I could've seen her again before she died. I wish I could've known Angelina better."

"I know," he said, nodding his head as he wiped his eyes. "Mother loved you so much. She was fighting to get you home till the day she died."

"You should be healing faster than this," Madja frowned, taking us out of our moment.

"It's my wedding ring," I admitted. "It's made with faebane."

"What?" Rhys demanded.

"All wives in the Autumn Court get wedding rings made of faebane," I explained. "It's not proper for females to use magic there. It's impossible to take it off."

"It's possible that I could mist it," he suggested.

"You can try."

     His gaze was fixed intently on the ring. With a decisive flick, he snapped his fingers, but nothing happened. A sigh escaped him as his brows knitted together in frustration.

   "I'll write to Helion," he decided. "I'm sure he has a spell of some sort that can help." I was sure he did. Especially with his history with Marzia.