23: A Little Holy Water

Start from the beginning

"Food time, sweetness," he called over his shoulder.

No response.

Bar paused and turned, knowing she was stuck in her own little bubble separate from him and this world's crushing truths.

He walked around the couch and stood behind the giant cushioned chair that she was perched on- his favorite spot in the apartment and the little goddess being the only one allowed to sit there but him- and placed both hands on the sides.

He bent down, his nose jutting against the warm skin on her neck making Clementine freeze. Smirking, he moved closer and gently bit down a little higher, right below her ear.

Bar enjoyed the way her breath hitched and the way her knuckles grew tighter around the edge of her book that by now, he knew she wasn't paying attention to.

"You didn't hear me, babygirl." Bar nibbled on her earlobe before pressing a fluttering kiss to her forehead as he straightened up. "Put the book down. I haven't fed you in a while."

"I only h-have three chapters left, Oly," Clementine argued, glancing over her shoulder with red cheeks to face the brute. "I-I'll eat after, after I finish."

He, now casually leaning against the bookshelves leading into his kitchen, raises a thick eyebrow in her direction, a challenge. "Will you now? Because I didn't give you that option. I know for a fact that that book is one you have already read before, it's worn out and you have notes scribbled in it and sticky notes marking your favorite parts. So, you won't be missing anything."

"I want t-to read." Her tone was firm but he wasn't having any of it.

"You need to eat, babygirl." Bar's eyes narrowed. He holds out a hand to her, "Come here."

The little goddess shifted her minty eyes away from his dark ones to the brute's hand and Bar could see the inner-contemplation as it went across her face.

Then, fucking then, she says, "Make me." as if Bar would ever hesitate to do so.

With a wicked grin, he marched right up to a now wide-eyed Clementine and grabbed the book from her. He made sure to keep her spot as he set it down on top of five other books.

Bar, without the slightest bit of dithering, encased her small waist with his comparatively giant arm and pulled her tiny body to his.

Clementine gasped, which he ignored as he wrapped his other arm under her thighs before placing her over his shoulder, and beginning to walk. She was light despite her curves and the right amount of cute chubbiness- that always made Bar want to sink between her soft thighs and touch her everywhere.

"Oly!" His girl didn't struggle, which he was grateful for, but she did ball the back of his shirt up into both fists and sound like she definitely was going to put up a fight. "Y-you can't just grab me like that!"

"Yes, I can." Bar says, stepping into his kitchen. "And I did. If you don't eat because you're not reading, then I'm not gonna fucking eat either. So either let me make your pretty not-so-little ass food, or go back to reading and we'll both wait."

Clementine gave him the stink eye, "That's h-hardly fair."

Great, he thought sourly. She'll eat to take care of me but not herself.

"It's fair alright," he grumbled, gently setting her down onto the counter and they locked eyes. "You better start taking better damn care of yourself, babygirl."

Bar was observant, he saw the way she wasn't kind to herself or her body and he hated it.

She was gorgeous, inside and out; Clementine was a fucking goddess.