part V - don't run away

Start from the beginning

" Lily unnie's right. " Kyujin said, " I can't believe you guys are older than me, and I'm still the more mature one. "

——

Yunjin looked behind her to see Yoona still following behind her, she ran faster and faster, trying to avoid her. But Yoona just wouldn't stop following her.

She was getting really paranoid now and thoughts were getting clogged up in her mind—

oof!

" Ouchh... " Yunjin fell down and nearly face planted on the floor, leaving scratches on her arm.

She slowly sat up as she remembered that Yoona was still following her. She turned around to see Yoona slowing down and sitting beside her.

" Are you okay? " Yoona approached Yunjin, " Uh, right. I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Yoona, and I suppose your name is Yunjin? "

Yunjin replied with a simple nod, she just couldn't find the words to form a sentence right now. She was flustered. Hearing Yoona say her name was too much for her.

" I'm really sorry, I just wanted to thank you for last Friday but you kept running away, " Yoona eyes couldn't meet Yunjin as her eyes kept looking down, " Oh- yeah, and I'm also sorry for k-kissing you? Almost kissing you? No— "

Yunjin nodded again, " A-Ah, " Yunjin couldn't stop herself from blushing as she thought about that day, " It's okay. And like, just to make it clear, I ran away from you because I was shy... "

Yoona chuckled, " Well that explains it, I've always thought that you hated me or something. "

" N-No! Of course not, why would anyone hate you? You're so pretty... Ah— Sorry. " Yunjin hid behind her palms in embarrassment. Yoona could still see how red she was behind her palms and laughed at her.

" Um, would you like to come eat with my friends? " Yoona asked, " If you aren't busy. "

" N-No sorry, I can't. "

" Oh. " Yoona sighed in disappointment, " Next time? "

" Okay. See you sometime later. " Yunjin quickly stood up and ran away.

——

It was after school time now and the students have already begin to walk home.

Yunjin would have gotten home right now but it's been raining insanely hard since the last period and it just would stop raining. Without her umbrella, it looks like Yunjin would have to just wait out the rain.

The pouring rain had always scared her a bit since she was a kid, Yunjin never told anyone about it since she thought it would be embarrassing and weird to be scared of the rain. So as a distraction, she grabbed her headphones from her bag and put it on her head to play music.

Yunjin then felt her phone buzz.

For a second she had thought that it was her mom who texted her which was weird since, she's dead already. Yunjin remembers the time when her mom would always ask if she's okay after school.

That buzz helps Yunjin connect to her good memories with her mom, so each time she feels the buzz, the thought of her mom texting her would always pop up. Yunjin turned off her phone with disappointment to know that it was just a notification from Instagram. She was standing just outside the school building where there was a tiny roof to block her from the pouring rain.

She checked the time and it was getting late. A tiny flashback happened as she remembered what her stepdad said last night.

'If you don't get home by 6, you're going to meet some big consequences, Choi Yunjin.'